Method Community

SmartVault

Last post 10-01-2013 9:49 AM by andy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2013 3:48 AM

• andy
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-10-2012
    • Liverpool, UK
    • Posts 139

SmartVault

I have added a documents section to a test vendor’s screen in order to test linking brochures from preferred vendors to estimates and possibly purchase orders. Uploading works fine. How is the document then “attached” to a transaction? Is it simply by using the ‘Link an existing document’ set of actions on the estimate and including the ‘DocumentLibraryLink’ grid?

Andrew Cliff
    Systems Manager
    CS Consult
  • 09-27-2013 4:29 PM In reply to

Re: SmartVault

Hi Andy,

If you were to take a look at the DocumentLibraryLink table, there are some dropdowns field for Estimate, Invoice and such.  You could add a dropdown for Purchase Orders and engineer the button the same as the Estimate and Invoice screens.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 09-30-2013 6:48 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-10-2012
    • Liverpool, UK
    • Posts 139

Adam,

I see that on the default estimate screen there are actions to link and upload a document. There are also a group of actions that assign the estimate record ID and entity full name to shared results. The edit CRM_EditDocumentExistingLink screen is then popped up. This displays current documents in a grid and there is a link on the grid with actions to assign the document record ID to a shared result and popup the CRM_EditDocumentLink screen. The load actions then grab all of these shared results and enter them on screen. However none of the values are being entered. Is this because there is an intermediate screen between the estimate and the document link screen? Do I have to carry the shared results through the CRM_EditDocumentExistingLink?

Many thanks.

Andrew Cliff
    Systems Manager
    CS Consult
  • 09-30-2013 9:27 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-10-2012
    • Liverpool, UK
    • Posts 139

Update: I have added a show message to the screen load actions to confirm that the shared results are being retrieved. They are apart from the document record ID, that is still blank. However, none of the values are being entered onto the screen. All of the conditional statements on the load action are being met.

Andrew Cliff
    Systems Manager
    CS Consult
  • 10-01-2013 9:36 AM In reply to

Hi Andy,

My apologies, there are a few more steps than I may have indicated.  The button is only one part of it.  You'll need to slightly alter the CRM_EditDocumentLink screen. The CRM_EditDocumentLink screen does grab all of the Shared Results and puts them on screen. There are however hidden actions that reset fields, then enter the correct information.  You'll need to add the same actions for your new Purchase Order field.

I wonder if you're perhaps missing the new purchase order fields and the subsequent action to enter a value in the dropdown? You may also need to add the fields to any grids that are used also.  Something else I thought of too, are you sure the edited CRM_EditDocumentLink screen is being called? You might need to change the Show Screen in Popup actions to show your edited screens.

To check which screen is being called in the popup, you can go through the process and right click the screen and click Customize. If the stock screen is being called, you'll only have the option to copy the screen.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 10-01-2013 9:49 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-10-2012
    • Liverpool, UK
    • Posts 139

Adam,

thanks. I'll take a look at those points.

Andrew Cliff
    Systems Manager
    CS Consult
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)