Method Community

Accept Payment for Checks Issue

Last post 10-07-2013 2:29 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2013 11:07 AM

Accept Payment for Checks Issue

Support,

Today we noticed that when entering in a payment for a check and choosing the Payment Type Check with no Payment Gateway selected we get the following error:

Cannot save values for NameOnCard. Field 'NameOnCard' allows a maximum of 41 characters, whereas you've entered 44 characters.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:65

Please note this is with the standard Method Payment Screen. Cards to have a limit but checks do not have the same limit. Also the NameOnCard field was automatically populated from the account information. Please correct the logic when the Payment Type is somthing other then a card. Thanks!

• 09-27-2013 12:27 PM In reply to

Re: Accept Payment for Checks Issue

Hi jwarren,

I was able to replicate this.  I'll have to dive into this a bit more to find out what's going on. In my initial discovery, it seems as though we are populating the NameOnCard field with the BillToAddressLine1 field.  This usually holds the cCompany Name for the address. When I find out more about this, I'll post back here.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 10-07-2013 2:29 PM In reply to

Re: Accept Payment for Checks Issue

Hi Jon,

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm going to put in a ticket to see if we can only populate these fields (NameOnCard included) if the Payment Gateways is selected, instead of pre-populating them on the selection of the Customer.

I'll update you here,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)