Method Community

Transfer Customer Information to Sales Reciept Screen

Last post 10-15-2013 8:22 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2013 11:49 PM

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Transfer Customer Information to Sales Reciept Screen

I created a button called "Create Sales Reciept" that I put on the Sales Order page. The button opens the Sales Reciept page but doesn't transfer the customer information. Mainly the Customer Name. I have the sale reciept line to enter a default item and description. Normally when I click oo a customer in the drop down this comes up automatically. When I use the Sales Reciept through the new button. Nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

JWS
  • 10-14-2013 6:41 AM In reply to

Re: Transfer Customer Information to Sales Reciept Screen

Hi JWS,

The reason you don't see any information is because you'll need to load the customer information when the screen loads.  What is probably happening is that the actions to load the Address information are not being triggered.  I'd actually suggest a different route to take.

If you take a look at our Estimate page, specifically the "Create Sales Order" actions, you might notice that there is an Insert Value into Table action.  What this does is create the Sales Order prior to going to the Sales Order screen.  It will also save the RecordID for the Sales Order into an action result.

I'd suggest the same approach for your Sales Order to Sales Receipt process.  Instead of loading the customer on the Sales Receipt screen, I'd create the Sales Receipt with an Insert Value into Table action on your Sales Order screen.  With this action you can insert all of the information you need (address information and any other information you want to include).  Then, with a Go To Tablink action (to go to your Sales Receipt screen), you can set the active recordID, which would be the action result from the Insert into Table action.

With this process, the sales receipt and information is already created in the record and will show when you go to the screen.

See the screens below (note that you would be using the Sales Receipt table instead of the Sales Order table):

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 10-14-2013 3:05 PM In reply to

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Re: Transfer Customer Information to Sales Reciept Screen