Method Community

How Can I Tell What Table a Screen is Based on?

Last post 10-25-2013 12:53 PM by Method_Adam. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2011 5:33 PM

How Can I Tell What Table a Screen is Based on?

How do I know what the main table for a screen is (other than if I happen to recognized the fields from the field list)? 

• 11-28-2011 5:55 PM In reply to

Re: How Can I Tell What Table a Screen is Based on?

The best way I know of is to drag a grid object onto the screen and open it for edit.  The grid's default table is the table that screen is based on. 

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 11-28-2011 8:42 PM In reply to

Oh, look at this little gem I just found in a different post:

Yes, it is possible for you to see which table a screen is based off of. All you need to do is to go to Customize > Screen, select edit for the screen in question then right click in the design area of the screen. A little box will appear and you'll have the option to "Show Summary" - here all the information about that screen is listed. This is a really neat new feature we added, it helps so much when you are trying to do customization.

• 11-29-2011 12:46 PM In reply to

Answer

d.weigle-

Show Summary is the easiet way to find out what table a screen is based off of. Smile

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 10-25-2013 5:29 AM In reply to

• satish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2013
    • Posts 3

I want to create new table using existing table(Copy the existing table to new table)

Hi,

I want to create the new table using the exsisting table. I want to create a copy of the existing table. Can you please help me.

Thanks,

Satish.

• 10-25-2013 8:38 AM In reply to

Re: I want to create new table using existing table(Copy the existing table to new table)

Hi Satish,

Can you explain a little more on what you mean?  Why would you want to copy a table if it already exists?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 10-25-2013 8:56 AM In reply to

• satish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2013
    • Posts 3

Re: I want to create new table using existing table(Copy the existing table to new table)

I wan't to create a test database. So i am planing to copy the existing table and sending the requests to that table while testing..

Thanks,

Satish.

• 10-25-2013 12:53 PM In reply to

Satish,

Unfortunately, there is no way to copy a table. You're only option is to create another table and add the fields in exactly as they are in the original.  Which table were you looking to do this with?  Also note that once you sync your QuickBooks file, it will sync the data to the stock tables, so you won't be able to redirect the data to other tables.

Could you sync a copy of your company file?  This would allow you to test out what you need to in Method and it wouldn't affect your actual QuickBooks file.  Then, when you're ready, we can reset your account.  A reset will wipe your account clean, as if you are starting fresh with a brand new account and you can then sync with your live QuickBooks file.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)