Method Community

Filtered Views by Sales Rep

Last post 01-20-2010 11:58 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2010 3:12 AM

Filtered Views by Sales Rep

We are a distribution company with several sales reps throughout our state. I am trying to implement Method in such a way that each sales rep can login and see his/her sales activity and customers (and no one else's).

I have been able to create new screens and filter customers, invoices, and item lists by a specific rep, but I would like to avoid having to manage a whole seperate set of screens for each and every rep. I noticed in the grid filter properties there is the following option:

Field: SalesRep

Field Type: DropDown

Filter: Equal To

Get Value From: Session

Select Value: User Sales rep Initial

How do I assign a "User Sales rep Initial" value to the person who is logged in? And will this even work?

Thank you.

• 01-20-2010 11:58 AM In reply to

Re: Filtered Views by Sales Rep

Answer

Hello Alex,

Welcome to our forum!

There are a few things you need to check. First you would want to ensure the users are linked to employees. You can do this under the user setup, where you have 'Link to Employee /Vendor /Other Name'. This forms the relationship between the User signing in (User table) and the Employee table.

Next, there is a Rep field under Additional Info for customers, here you would want to ensure the correct Reps are selected. Then the last thing is to set up your filter for the customer grid just as you outlined above. The Sales Rep Initial is linked to the Sales Rep ultimately the user / Employee in QuickBooks when you set up the Rep.

Hint, you can set this new filter as a default filter and remove the others if you want Users to ONLY see their customers and no others.  If the Reps will be using the Sales Center as well then you would want to ensure only filters with ‘My Opportunity’ or ‘My Activities’ are present, since this is already filtered based on the User signed in.  Let me know if this helps. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)