Method Community

Open Table within a customers file after a filter is created

Last post 10-30-2013 11:00 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2013 1:06 PM

• DODOM2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2013
    • Posts 3

Open Table within a customers file after a filter is created

Company Name: EBSCOMPANYKY

Support Enabled: Yes

Hi. I would like to set our account up to where you can open a customers file name; then in place of opp. tabs, there be a asset tabs so we can trace our clients equipment on site and warranties etc. I have it filtering at this point however it doesn't open the exact record when you click on "go to". Use the client name "smart" to search the client that we currently are using for testing; then click on first result to access the file. Then click on "asset" tabs which you sould see a record at that point. When you click on that record it needs to open that up. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! 

• 10-28-2013 8:23 AM In reply to

Re: Open Table within a customers file after a filter is created

Hi Dodom2,

We generally only request to look into a Customer's Account if we feel it might be a direct Support issue on these forums, however from what you are describing, this seems more like a customization issue.  We do answer most customization questions here on the forums, however if we find something is too advanced, or isn't easy enough to explain on here, we would advise you to speak with a Method Consultant for further information/help, here is a link to get more information on this service.

With that said, we will still do our best to help you here with the issues you are describing.  I am having a litte difficulty understanding exactly what you are trying to do, if you could elaborate that would be helpful.  When you say after hitting the "Go to" doesn't open the exact record, what record does it open, is it random, is it the next record over/before?

Also, are you using or have you viewed the Method Field Services Add-on Application, there are some additional Equipment tracking features available through this add-on.

-Ben

• 10-29-2013 11:56 AM In reply to

• DODOM2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2013
    • Posts 3

Hi Ben,

The field services table is where the records are based that were trying to open within the "assets" tab under the customers name. We like to track what equipment our clients have in their business so we can trace warranties and so on. So this is what I would like to happen. 

1.) Search customers name

2.) Click on "go to" or "select" by the customers name that you wish to look into

3.) Scroll down to the sub tabs and click on "assets" sub tab

(AT THIS POINT IT SHOULD SHOW ALL RECORD ID'S AKA ASSET'S RELATED TO THIS CLIENT, WHICH IT DOES"

4.) When I search the asset # that the client gives me it shows up the asset or record id. BUT when I click on the "go to" or "select" button beside the asset that I'm trying to open it just takes me to a "new equipment" table for a new entry. So its not really filtering out the record id. The button isn't opening just one record id but rather the whole customer equipment list. 

NOTE: Speak with Adam for any help you may need to help understand. He had a pretty good idea of it yesterday when I spoke with him. I appreciate it Ben!!!

• 10-30-2013 11:00 AM In reply to

Dodom,

I did speak with Adam, and looking at your updated info here, I believe I understand what you are attempting to do, and what your issue is now.  Still, with this type of customization, I am limited in my suggestions here because I don't know exactly what actions you are using.  It sounds like the main issue here is when you click the "go to" link for the Asset it loads your Equipment page, and should populate all the fields on this pop-up screen for that piece of equipments info, but that isn't happening.  

You can find a similar example on the stock "Estimate" screen, for the "Create Sales Order" option in the "More actions" button group.  I think you need to pay attention to the actual Sales Order screen to see how it is taking in the fields from the Estimate and populating them on the Sales Order.  From what you are saying it sounds like you have the correct Equipment Asset, however the screen as it loads isn't dispersing the specific record details to the fields on the new screen.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)