Method Community

Complex Queries for a Report

Last post 11-25-2013 9:53 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-24-2013 7:16 PM

Complex Queries for a Report

I am being asked for a "Customer" report including:

Alternate contacts (email addresses) List 
    Monthly fee Invoicing/subscription date - A complex query/join to the InvoiceLines table? Pseudocode maybe like: DayofMonth(Max(TxnDate)) where InvoiceLine like "*Monthly*Fee*" 
    Items Owned - A list of items from a custom table.
    Sign up date - Probably the minimum invoice date for the customer.  Can I also use conversion date?
    Open cases/closed cases

The lists should probably be comma separated lists, so that they can display on one line.  Or maybe they can be sub-reports, like in Access?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

• 11-25-2013 9:53 AM In reply to

Re: Complex Queries for a Report

Hey kenlyle,

Have you worked with our report designer yet? If you go into the report creating action, it will allow you to launch the report designer. The report designer builds off of the customer table, and has other tables as "detail" tables -- i.e the invoice table, contacts, etc. It sounds to me like all of the things you're trying to add to the report can be accomplished through the report designer and fields that already exist in the table. You can read up on our help center article for the report designer to learn more about it -- it's pretty straightforward once you start using it.

The only one that may be tricky is the "Monthly fee Invoicing/subscription date" -- can you expand on what you're trying to do with that? 

Naeem

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)