Method Community

Can't Open Report in Report Designer

Last post 01-18-2010 2:49 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2010 2:19 PM

Can't Open Report in Report Designer

I’m getting a weird error when I try to edit a report in report designer.  The report still works in Method but not in Report Designer.  Can you let me know what I can try to fix this?  I have asked Val to post the jpg of the error.  I can not insert a picture for some reason.

Here's the first line.

<ERROR><MESSAGE>These Columns don't currently have unique values,</MESSAGE><STACKTRACE> at System.Data,collection.AddUniqueConstraint(UniqueConstraint constraint)

There are about 6 more lines like this.  I don't believe there have been any changes to these reports in some time.

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 01-14-2010 2:24 PM In reply to

Re: Can't Open Report in Report Designer

Also just got this related error when trying to run one of the reports in Method.

Error^Action Sequence Order:1^ERROR:These columns don't currently have unique values. at System.Data.ConstraintCollection.AddUniqueConstraint(UniqueConstraint constraint) at System.Data.ConstraintCollection.Add(Constraint constraint, Boolean addUniqueWhenAddingForeign) at System.Data.ConstraintCollection.Add(Constraint constraint, Boolean addUniqueWhenAddingForeign) at System.Data.DataRelationCollection.DataSetRelationCollection.AddCore(DataRelation relation) at System.Data.DataRelationCollection.Add(DataRelation relation) at Service.fnReportGetDataSetForExistingReportV2(String sDataBaseName, String& sResult, String sReportName, String FilterMasterSQL, String[ FilterDetailSQL, Boolean blnReturnPartialDataSetOnly, String sLogin, String sPassword, Int32& intSecurityID, String sWebServiceEncryptionKey, Int32 intTimeZoneOffset)

Unable to run report from METHOD too.

thanks in advance.

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 01-15-2010 9:11 AM In reply to

Hey Greg,

The first thing that jumps out at me is the error message.

<ERROR><MESSAGE>These Columns don't currently have unique values,</MESSAGE

The screen you are using requires unique values, have you confirmed that you entered unique data into all of the required fields?

If you look at the table for this screen, it will show you what fields are marked as "unique". Also what report are you trying to edit?

Once I find out I may have a little more light to shed.

• 01-15-2010 6:09 PM In reply to

Ryan I found it.  We had a Duplicate RMA record from early last year.  I deleted one of them and all is well.  What I don't understand is how the duplicate showed up.  I wasn't just an RMA with the same number but an exact duplicate of the original with all the same information in everh field.  Not sure how that happened???

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 01-18-2010 2:49 PM In reply to

Hey Greg,

I am not sure yet of how this was done. What screen are you on? I imagine that if you go to the Resolve Conflicts section, you will see a message about a conflict involving this record.

Let me know what screen it was and I'll look into how this might have happened.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)