Method Community

Creating subaccounts

Last post 11-28-2013 12:29 PM by Method_Adam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2013 11:28 AM

Creating subaccounts

We're encountering issues when creating subaccounts. A user is able to create one, but after that, the process no longer works. Pressing the button results in our custom new account screen popping up, but it's blank and hangs. None of the fields end up showing. Logging out and logging back in seems to help, but only for another single subaccount.

Thanks

• 10-25-2013 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Creating subaccounts

The same thing is happening when using the "New Activity" link when launching the pop-up from a row in the Contacts tab/grid of a Customer page.

• 10-28-2013 2:11 PM In reply to

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the late reply.  It sounds like the screen isn't loading correctly.  Are you still having this issue today?  Does the screen just timeout and error or does it eventually load if you leave it long enough.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-26-2013 11:22 AM In reply to

I'll give you some precise details in the following scenario for creating new activities:

• I'm on the Edit Customer screen, and the tab header and information fields all reflect the same customer/account/entity.
    • I can launch a new acvitity using the New Activity button that is unhidden when I go to the Activities tab, or from a hyperlink that I put in the columns of a Subaccounts grid in a subaccounts tab. I'm also pretty sure that this hyperlink was just a copy of the "New Activity" button, but instead of referencing the active screen record ID, the hyperlink shows the New activity popup with information from whatever subaccount row it is clicked from in the grid.
    • Anyway, it works once, but then when I want to do another New Activity, the popup opens and is blank. It never times out. The circle keeps turning.
    • So one solution is to right-click on the blue header of the popup window and use the "Reload screen" option that pops up. This closes the popup and takes me back to a reloaded Edit Customer screen.
    • The problem is, the tab header shows the correct customer info, but the fields (company name, address, etc.) and sections (subaccounts, activities, transactions, etc) now contain information for the customer that I was previously at (if applicable). Reloading the screen has no impact.
    • So to get the correct customer, I toggle back to the customer list screen and go back into the customer I want. This will work again for a single activity, then the errors will repeat.
    • Note that this error occurs even if the first (correct) activity that I do is never saved. That is, if I press the new activity button or use my hyperlink and simply close the popup window without doing anything or saving, I still see the error process as described above when I try to launch another activity.
    • This also happens when creating new subaccounts/contacts from the same page.
    Anyway, it's a frustrating issue that appears to have arisen recently. Although I don't remember specifically testing this, I'm sure I've created multiple activities and/or subaccounts with no issues in the past.
    Thanks.
  • 11-28-2013 12:29 PM In reply to

Hi Mike,

There are a few things I would check. 

For the blank popup, have you made sure the ActiveRecordID is set when the popup loads? I'm wondering is there's an issue with how the recordID is being loaded when the screen loads. Using the stock CRM_NewActivity screen as an example, there are conditional statements that check for values and loads the screen according to those values. As an example, some fields are set differently depending on if its an activity vs. a log call vs. a task.  My advice would be to try to find out what being loaded when the screen loads and where those values are coming from. Perhaps a value is not being set and should be.

I'd also find out when the screen was last updated and by who.  Perhaps a change was made and not communicated.

As for the tab header, this is set by an action result called EditCustomerName. The main value for that action result is retrieved from the Customer.FullName field. All of these actions can be found on the "OnLoadAppearance..." button in the Address Info section of the Edit Customer screen (around action #21). If this value is staying the same. then from the sounds of it, I think there is an issue with having the correct ActiveRecordID set when closing the popup.

Unfortunately, I can only do so much through the forums. I am basing all of my info off of a stock screen design.  If your screen is heavily customized, I'd recommend having a consultant take a look at it with you to properly diagnose where the issue lies.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)