Method Community

automating sales to accounting workflow

Last post 11-29-2013 8:37 AM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2013 4:22 PM

• Jasonb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-26-2013
    • Posts 2

automating sales to accounting workflow

In a perfect world what I would like to happen is this:

1. Sales Rep creates Sales order

2. Method Notifies Accountant (Creates activity to convert sales order to invoice)

3. Shipping is notified of a paid invoice. ( Creates activity for shipping to box bike and input shipping / tracking info into database which is linked to the invoice. )

4. Tracking info is available in customer portal.

As of right now I'm not sure any of this automation is possible. Right now what i see possible is that a Sales rep can create a sales order then an accountant will have to periodically check the sales orders in method or quickbooks for new sales orders to convert to invoices. Once payment is processed Shipping needs to be notified manually with an email sent by an accountant or brought a stack of paid invoices to process.

Are my dreams of total automation within Method possible?

• 11-26-2013 4:28 PM In reply to

• Jasonb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-26-2013
    • Posts 2

Re: trying to automate workflow

i guess i could have the tracking info added as a note to an invoice by the shipping person

• 11-29-2013 8:37 AM In reply to

Re: trying to automate workflow

Hi Jason,

Actually, some of what you are looking for can be automated. When a sales rep creates a sales order, you can put actions on the save button that also creates an activity for the Accountant and even email them the activity notification.

Then, when an invoice is paid, you can also create another activity for Shipping to box the item, and again, send an email notification of that activity. For the tracking number, my advice would be to create a custom field or alternatively, use the ShipAddressNote field already available for invoices.  

You would need to copy and edit the stock invoice screen to add both the field and the actions and replace the current stock screen. You would also need to change the ContactsPortal_Transactions screen to include the field for the tracking number.

I recommend copying and editing the CRM_NewActivity screen and editing the Save button.  They action for creating a follow up activity are around Action #52.  You can use these actions as a reference when designing you actions on the QuickBooks_SalesOrder and QuickBooks_Invoice screens.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)