Method Community

Pricing Levels

Last post 01-22-2010 1:10 PM by TogsTeam. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2008 7:56 PM

Pricing Levels

I have set up a company in quickbooks with custom pricing levels. when i create an invoice,it is able to make the adjustments based on the discounts that are set up. when i sync with method I am unable to see the auomatic adjustments. What can be done to correct this.

• 12-15-2008 1:34 PM In reply to

Re: Pricing Levels

Hi Steve,

If you’ve set the price levels and create the invoice in QuickBooks, then Method should reflect the proper adjustments when you view the invoice. The problem seems to be creating the invoice with price levels in Method because the default invoice template does not currently accommodate for this and it may still use the default item price. With that being said, you always have the option to customize and build this feature in. Great post, we’ll take this into consideration.

Hope that helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 12-16-2008 9:31 AM In reply to

Steve submitted a question:

"Thanks for the info. I built it in already. The only thing is when I created a new field to populate the new numbers they are all .0000 intstad of .00. Any ideas how to truncate or round this up?"

Steve,

A field designated as Money will have a special data type of currency assigned to the field that will hold 4 decimal places. This value cannot be changed.  However, the display for the information can be changed and you should see this reflected early next week. At that time you should be able to modify the decimal places and set this to .00 format.

Thanks Steve!

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 01-18-2010 6:04 PM In reply to

We have the same issue that Steve mentioned over a year ago -- Sales Orders created in Method are not looking up the Customer:Price Level and assigning the correct price to items listed on the Sales Order. The Customer record / Additional Info *shows* all our price levels, and shows the correct Price Level selected and set for this Customer, but Method is pulling from the default pricing table.

We want to be able to use Method to add Sales Orders, but this is pretty critical, as we sell through multiple channels and have a dozen active price levels that are Customer-specific.

What next?

Lee

• 01-19-2010 9:12 AM In reply to

Hi Lee,

Similar to Invoices the Sales Orders template and other areas in Method are not currently set to handle price levels by default. The price level field is available and can be used in customization to mimic the same results as QuickBooks.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 01-19-2010 9:57 AM In reply to

Valbon - I do not fully understand your reply. Do you mean to say that Method will recognize and report the values contained in the Price Level field (since they show up on the pull-down), but it won't apply them in any way?

And that if I want to have the Price Levels table control the pricing charged for a Customer's items, I have to either a) customize the Sales Order and Invoice screens in some way, or b) hire Method to customize those functions 'behind the screens'?

Lee

• 01-19-2010 10:52 AM In reply to

Yes, you seem to have a good understanding of how it works.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 01-20-2010 9:58 AM In reply to

I see.

So the fact that the SDK will support such functionality, but I have to have my system customized in order to take advantage of it, indicates that it was a business decision on Method's part not to include it in the CRM package. (I presume that there's no difference between the CRM and Full Blown editions in this regard, but please do correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

I seem to also have a good understanding of your business model: you've figured out how to *rent* the razor and charge for the blades.

• 01-20-2010 10:02 PM In reply to

TogsTeam, if that was the business model we wouldn't have gone to the effort of creating an end-user customizable environment.  If that was the model, we would have just provided users with a hard coded version, hired a bunch of programmers and become a custom software shop.  I'm assuming you don't really think that is our model, but just in case....I wanted to point that out. :)

• 01-22-2010 1:10 PM In reply to

So noted.

With a system like yours, I'm sure there's an unlimited number of possible functions that one user or another would wish was pre-installed, rather than available-by-customizing. The 'fault line' probably runs between those of us who want to make the system do what we need it to do ("hey, I get to customize it!"), and those of us who just want to use it to do our real jobs ("Ugh, I've got to customize it."). Pity for those of us who own both roles, I guess - we'll just never be satisfied...

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)