Method Community

Job of Customer Help

Last post 11-27-2013 4:59 PM by Method_Jonathan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2013 10:17 PM

Job of Customer Help

In my business, I tend to get work from property management groups and apartments. I want to set up the "Job of customer" area to work easier. 

What I have done so far: In most customer screens and new customer screens I moved the Job of Customer box to the main tab below company name.

I have also created a button on these screens to add new job to a customer.  So lets say I am in edit customer screen for John Doe and I press the add new job button. This button opens the new customer screen in a popup.  When the popup screen opens, I would like it to input all of john doe's info into this screen including John Doe into the job of customer dropdown box. The only thing I dont want added is the shipping address info which I renamed to Tenant name and work location. I use this the shipping info as the job location info.

Thanks for your help.

• 11-20-2013 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: Job of Customer Help

Hi Wildliferemoval,

We can share information between a screen and a pop up using 'shared results'.

Prior to calling the 'Show Screen in Pop Up' action in your new button, you will want to load each piece of information to be copied over to the new customer record into it's own shared result using the 'Assign Value to Shared Result' action.  This will allow you to access information of the current customer record from within the pop up screen.

For example, create a shared result for the customer first name 'John', a second shared result for the customer last name 'Doe', a third shared result for the full customer name 'John Doe', and so on.  Since you do not want to copy the shipping address, you do not need to create a shared result for this piece of information.

You will also need to customize your New Customer screen in order to populate the information stored in your shared results at load time.  This can be accomplished by adding additional actions to the screen's OnScreenLoad event.  First you will need to retrieve each stored value using the 'Get Value From Shared Result' action.  Next, you will populate fields with these values using the 'Enter Value into Field on Screen' action.  Also, using the customer name value, you can populate the 'Job of Customer' drop down box at load time.    

I know this might seem overwhelming; fortunately we have a webinar titled 'Advanced Actions: Shared Results and Basic Math' that provides an example of storing a value in a shared result, calling another screen, retrieving the shared result from the new screen, and populating the value into a field.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Jonathan.

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 11-26-2013 9:34 PM In reply to

Isnt there an easier way to do this. In quickbooks its as easy as a click of a button. I just dont want my employees to have access to quickbooks and I dont have access to it when im out in the field.

• 11-27-2013 4:59 PM In reply to

Hi,

Your account manager has reached out to you via email with a possible suggestion on how we can resolve this issue!  

Cheers

Jonathan.

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)