Method Community

tab link not found when go to invoice in edit customer

Last post 12-27-2013 7:18 PM by CF_Pro. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2012 1:14 PM

tab link not found when go to invoice in edit customer

When I try to go to an invoice in edit customer transaction section I get a message that the tab link was not found. When I check the tab link in Customer Tab links the invoice screen is assigned to the correct Invoice (2) screen. why would the link be broken?

• 12-07-2012 1:50 PM In reply to

Re: tab link not found when go to invoice in edit customer

Answer

Hi Dottie,

Even though you replaced the tab link, some actions (like the one in the 'Go to' link in the transactions grid) might be calling the old tab link (ie. the old screen).  That would be why the tab link cannot be found.  When you are absolutely sure you want to use your new screen going forward, you can create a copy of your new custom screen and select the option "Replace all tab links" and select the screen you wish to replace.  This will replace all the existing tab links with the new custom screen.  

Please be aware that it can be quite difficult to return back to the original stock screen.  This is why I'm stressing that you must be absolutely sure you want to replace the screen with your custom screen before you proceed.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-07-2012 2:06 PM In reply to

I do not get an option to replace all tab links when I copy the screen it just asks me to replace the links of an existing screen.

• 12-07-2012 3:36 PM In reply to

Answer

My appologies Dottie.  It is "Replace links to an existing screen".  This will replace all of the tab links.  Sorry for the mistake.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-08-2012 7:13 AM In reply to

That is how I initially copied the screen, I selected to replace all tab links. I tried it again and it didn't work. Any suggestions?

• 12-09-2012 10:06 PM In reply to

Greetings.

Every time i create a new screen and add a tab at the same time, I would logg out of method, then log back in and the new tabs would apear.  If i did not do that, i would never see the tab.

just fyi

• 12-10-2012 8:37 AM In reply to

I logged out and logged back in a few times, even prior to posting my last reply and the tab link go to in the transactions section/edit cutomer screen is still not working. These are tab links not tabs.  Thanks for the info I will do the same when I create tabs but in this case it is a tab link and it pertain to the invoices per customer. Support team please advise.

• 12-10-2012 9:39 AM In reply to

Dottie,

Were you originally replacing the stock invoice screen or another custom screen, and did you delete the screen you were replacing?  Also, can you lay out the steps you've done so far?  For example, which screen replaced which, did you add the tab link to the tab, rename the tab, remove a tab link, etc.  I'm just wondering if there's something in the process that's causing the error.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-11-2012 8:44 AM In reply to

I copied my custom screen edit customer 3 and and the new screen became edit customer 4. I tried to customize something but it didn't work so I deleted the editcustomer4 screen so everything can revert back to the edit customer3 screen.

• 12-11-2012 9:35 AM In reply to

Dottie,

From what you have described,  my guess is that it sounds like you may have deleted the screen before you removed all of the links to it.  To go forward with this, it may be best to book paid support to look into this issue.  We can continue to try and diagnose the issue through the forums as best we can, but without seeing your screens, it will be difficult to get a quick solution.

In the future, when you want to revert back, it is best to go to Advanced Screen Properties and select the "Click to remove" option in step 1.  You'll see the replaced screen is listed at the bottom.  You can then copy that screen and replace tab links again to revert back.  Since you've deleted the screen, this may not be an option at this point.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-11-2012 11:29 AM In reply to

The invoices are reflecting in the transaction section in the edit customer screen but when I click on on the go to link on next to the invoice I receive an error. Is there any way to fix the go to so it opens up the invoice?

• 12-27-2013 7:18 PM In reply to

I just had the same problem, turns out it was a permission thing... The particular screen I was linking to had the permissions for everyone except the user I was logged in as.

So this error message is very misleading.

Hope it helps someone else out

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)