Method Community

Formsite Integration via Server Post Integration?

Last post 12-30-2013 9:33 AM by Meghan. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2013 10:17 PM

Formsite Integration via Server Post Integration?

Anyone know if it's possible to integrate formsite results with Method using this: http://www.formsite.com/documentation/integrations/server-post.html

Probably a long shot... but Formsite is very powerful and it would be huge to have it integrate with Method.

Thank you!

Meghan

• 12-29-2013 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: Formsite Integration via Server Post Integration?

Hi Meghan

This is currently possible using a proxy web service but that's not trival to setup.

However, this functionality is largely built into Method as a Web-to-lead form. Using a web-to-lead form eliminates the need for formsite.

HTH

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 12-29-2013 9:25 AM In reply to

Thank you for your response.  However, unless Method can do conditional web forms which only display certain fields according to certain answers (which it may do - I haven't looked into it yet), and allow for these private forms to be accessible by our clients via secure login with the option to save their place and finish the form later, as well as allow for searchable results of all forms with notifications of forms that are not yet completeand the host of other attributes that Formsite provides, Method will not replace our need for Formsite.  

We don't use Formsite to collect leads.  We use it to collect summer camp registrations which contain a large amount of necessary information that needs to be accessible to the client and changeable year to year.

• 12-29-2013 5:40 PM In reply to

Sounds like some sort of Method portal would work well here.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 12-30-2013 8:43 AM In reply to

Hi Meghan,

Meghan, I did look at the webform site you provided in your first post, and I have to agree with everything Mark has already said, thanks for the help Mark.  The URL post method used by formsite website you are talking about is essential what Method is using in our own webforms.  This is how Method retreives the data that has been entered in the webform after the user has clicked the "submit".  Unfortunately there likely wouldn't be any easy ways to integrate the Formsite webforms with Method's, it looks like you would have to use one or the other.

I do see the advantage of creating a webform using Formsite (based on your last post), I can see you can get quite advanced with their webforms.  Depending on how important it is for your site to incorporate a more advanced webform like Formsite can offer, there could be a way to take the submitted information and send this to your Method database.  However, I believe you would need to use the MethodAPI to do something like this, but that would be well beyond the scope of these forums.  If this is something you are considering, you might considering taking a look at this link.  Here you can generate a list of all Method Solution Providers that might be able to help you figure out a solution for this, I would make sure to check off the option for "I'm looking for someone who has experience with the Method API".  There are several Method Solution Providers that have experiencing working with our API, you might notice Mark Crews from this thread, actually shows up on this list!

As Mark also suggested, you could likely work out what you are trying to do through a Method WebPortal (located Customize->Portals).  The Method webportals offer HTTPS security, and give your users the ability to login to their own accounts so they can only access their information, and whatever information you have setup for them to access.  Here is a link which explains how to setup a portal from within your Method Account.  It could be a thought to create screens in this portal that act as a webform, but no webform would be necessary.  

I hope this helps,

-Ben

• 12-30-2013 9:33 AM In reply to

Thank you Mark and Ben.  I will look into the Custom Portal and see if it's something that could eventually replace Formsite.

Meghan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)