Method Community

-1 Day Button in Add/Edit work order screen not working correctly

Last post 12-12-2013 9:37 AM by Anonymous. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2013 8:45 PM

-1 Day Button in Add/Edit work order screen not working correctly

When I use the -1 Day button, it subtracts correctly for the start date, but the end date is not working correctly.

• 12-11-2013 8:20 AM In reply to

Re: -1 Day Button in Add/Edit work order screen not working correctly

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the question. I'll need a bit more information from you to properly debug this, if you don't mind.

1. When you say the end date is not working correctly, do you mean that nothing changes in it when you click -1? It stays the same?

2. Do the other buttons (-30, +30, +1) work as required?

3. Are you working on a custom screen, or the stock work order list screen? (You can find out by hovering over the "Work Order List" tab -- if the yellow tag says "FieldService_WorkOrderList", you're on the stock screen)

4. Which browser are you using? Have you tried any other browsers?

Let me know if you have any trouble finding this information.

Thanks,

Naeem

• 12-11-2013 8:51 PM In reply to

1. it changes to the wrong number, for instance:

Dec-11-2013 11:00 AM  changes to

Dec-10-2013 10:16 AM if I hit it again

Dec-10-2013 10:17 AM

2. yes, the other buttons work great

3. Custom, but I have really made only one simple change, adding a button that is unrelated.

4. Chrome, no.

Andrew

• 12-12-2013 8:39 AM In reply to

Hi Andrew,

Please try the following and let me know if it works:

1) Can you check if the same issue exists in the stock add work order screen? To check, go to Customize > Screens, find the screen called "FieldService_AddEditWorkOrder", hover over it and click "View" and then try pressing the -1 day button and see what happens.

2) Can you try on a different browser, like Mozilla Firefox?

Thanks.

Naeem

• 12-12-2013 9:06 AM In reply to

Does not happen on the stock screen.  

• 12-12-2013 9:15 AM In reply to

That's what I figured. Something in your customized screen is causing this issue -- you're going to have to work your way back from whatever additions you made to the screen to figure out where exactly the issue pops up.

If you have trouble, you could consider speaking with and ordering a session with our consulting team to guide you through it. You can reach them at 1.888.925.6238 ext. 3 to set up an appointment and get one of our consultants to work through it with you.

Hope that helps.

Naeem

• 12-12-2013 9:30 AM In reply to

Can you let me know how to replace the screen with the stock screen and include all the proper links.  Then I can redo my customization in about 2 minutes. 

• 12-12-2013 9:37 AM In reply to

Your best bet, since you'll be customizing it, would be to copy the stock screen (hover over it and click "Copy"), then in the pop-up keep pressing next until Step 3. At that point make sure "Replace links to an existing screen" is checked off. 

Click finish.

This will create an editable copy of the stock screen that replaces your other customized screen on the tab link -- you can now edit this and it will show up on your live "Add/Edit Work Orders" screen.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Naeem

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)