Method Community

Are multiple API connections allowed with the same log in credentials?

Last post 12-18-2013 10:44 AM by viret56. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2013 10:31 AM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Are multiple API connections allowed with the same log in credentials?

We have a web app running which connects through the MethodAPI, retrieves data, disconnects, processes the data, then repeats.  I am using PHP, XML and cURL.  

Now I am working on another web app to simply retrieve a list of tables using MethodAPITableListV2.  I get a failure response: "Failure. The API could not validate your log in.  Please make sure you have entered the correct Company Account, User and Password, and that each are spelt correctly.  Also, ensure that this User has been configured for Method API access by going to Customize > Users, editing the User, and ensuring that there is a check in the 'Is Allowed to Connect via MethodAPI' checkbox.", which is retruned with MethodAPISelect_XMLV2Response tags.

My first question pertains to the log in failure.  I checked the credentials, they are correct.  The user is allowed to connect.  Is the failure because the user is logged in through the first app?  If yes, what are my alternatives?  Must I create another user for the second app.

My second questions concerns the MethodAPISelect_XMLV2Response tags.  Are these the correct response tags for a MethodAPITableListV2 query?

I am stuck if my app won't connect, so any help is greatly appreciated.

• 12-18-2013 10:44 AM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Re: Are multiple API connections allowed with the same log in credentials?

Answer

I found my mistake.  I had not changed the "SOAPAction" to MethodAPITableListVs.  That is why I was getting a response with MethodAPISelect_XMLV2Response tags.

Problem solved.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)