Method Community

db fields not showing

Last post 12-17-2013 10:53 AM by Method_Adam. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2013 12:33 PM

db fields not showing

Hello,
    I am having difficulty retrieving Vendor > Workers Comp Expires, and Vendor > General Liability Expires.  We use QB Enterprise 12 Contractor Edition, and these fields are important to our AP dept.  Should I be looking somewhere else, or are these fields not currently found in Method?
    Thanks,
    Garrett 

• 09-09-2013 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: db fields not showing

Answer

Hi Garrett,

I don't see these fields in my version of QuickBooks (Enterprise Solutions 2013).  Are these default fields that are part of the Contractor Edition or are they custom fields in QuickBooks?  If they are custom fields they should sync over.

- Adam 

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 10-31-2013 4:59 PM In reply to

Sorry for the delay on this -

WorkersComp and GeneralLiability are default fields in Contractor Edition.

more info...
    A user refreshed my memory as to some "Contractor Edition" fields not showing in Method.  We use Enterprise 12 - Contractor Edition.  If a QuickBooks user tries to pay a vendor who has expired Workers Comp or General Liability insurance, they are alerted.  However, I can't access these fields in Method in order to alert our Method users.
    Is there any way to make these Contractor Edition-specific fields sync?

Thanks,
    Garrett

• 11-01-2013 4:53 PM In reply to

Hi Garrett,

Is there a value that we could that we could look for in an export of the Employee table?  I'm wondering if perhaps the fields are under a different name in the table.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-13-2013 9:44 AM In reply to

The values for the Workers Comp and General Liability fields would be dates.  I will email a couple of screenshots to the support email that show more about this.

Thanks,
    Garrett

• 11-15-2013 8:00 AM In reply to

Hi Garrett,

Sorry for the late reply. From the look of the screen, they are QuickBooks custom fields. I believe they should sync.  Could you turn on MethodSupport for the account?  I'm wondering if we were looking in the wrong place before.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-19-2013 11:40 AM In reply to

I have activated the MethodSupport account.  Looking at the screen, you should see both the old custom fields as well as the QB fields for Workers Comp and General Liability.  QB has a process that uses these fields to alert users not to enter bills and credits for Vendors whose insurance has expired.
    Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks,
    Garrett 

• 11-22-2013 12:12 PM In reply to

Hi Garrett,

I can see your custom fields but not your Workers Comp or General Liability fields. I'll need to get my hands on a copy of a Contractor's Edition to really test this. In my research so far, I can't find any mention of these fields and how they interact with third party applications with the SDK. I'll keep digging and let you know what I can find.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-17-2013 10:53 AM In reply to

Hi Garrett,

Sorry for the late reply but I have an answer for this.  It appears the fields don't sync. I was able to get my hands on a contractor's edition and those two fields for sure don't come over.  I've gone through the SDK documentation and there's no mention of those two fields.

It may simply be that we haven't coded the sync engine to bring in these fields or they may not be accessible through the SDK. The most I can do is submit a feature request to find out. If it is possible to access these fields, I would imagine that it may take some time to get this coded into the sync engine.

For now, there is no way to access them.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)