Method Community

Bolding of one column data in a screen display?

Last post 12-18-2013 5:08 PM by Dan A.. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2013 10:41 AM

Bolding of one column data in a screen display?

To prevent quote errors and to make the "Total Fee" column stand out from the other fee columns we need to display on screen in our pricing table, is it possible to bold the data displayed in this one field column? 

In the "Customization" / "Screen" / "Field" / "Edit" / "Properties" / "Formatting (click to show)" window, I have checked the "bold" box, and then "Finished" / "Publish" / "Reload" (back at the screen), but it doesn't make any change.  Perhaps this is only for the field name at the top of the column and doesn't apply to the data below in the column?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided with this request.

Dan

• 12-18-2013 11:40 AM In reply to

Re: Bolding of one column data in a screen display?

Hi Dan,

Can you please just confirm where you are wanting the bolded fields for me?  I have attached a screenshot from the Method Customer and Contacts List.  In this screenshot you will see a grid, and notice, for example, the column with the header "Rep/Type/Title".  if you look at the records for this column, there is text highlighted here for "AH", who is a sales person. Are you trying to do something like this, but for all fields in this column?  Please confirm that this is what you are looking for, if not, please explain in more detail what you are requesting, I will do my best to give you a suggestion for this based off your feedback.

-Ben

• 12-18-2013 3:18 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Dan,

First off, in case anyone else following this thread was curious, Dan did respond privately to let me know that he does indeed want to add bold lettering to a specific column in a grid.  I have attached a screenshot below of the final product, notice the "name" column, all records here are bolded.

This is fairly straight forward, we just have to add some old-fashioned HTML code in the grid to the specific column you want to be bold.  First load this screen in the Method Screen Designer, then click "edit" for the grid we are doing this for.  Go to "Step 2of9: Grid Columns", and click the "Advanced" link beside the column in question.  What we are doing is part of an "SQL Override", so choose the "SQL Override" link at the bottom of this pop-up screen (this will add more choices to your screen), you can ignore everything but step 4: "Generate SQL".  Now, just add something similar to what I have in my screenshot example below.  You can also try copy and pasting my code from here:   '<b>' + ISNULL(Name,'') + '</b>'   .  Note that the quotes after 'Name' are actually 2 single quotes.

Dan, on a side note, you also asked me what the purpose of the "bold" checkbox when you clicked the "Advanced" link, while editing a field.  If you look at the top pic in this post, I added a section labelled "Field - Bold Option:".  I added both the Company Name and Name fields to this section, then I added the "bold" option to the Customer Name field.  If you look at the screenshot you should see that the "Company Name" field is bolded, and the "Name" field is not bolded, this is what that feature does.

Please give this a shot and let me know if this helps solve your question, feel free to ask anything further if you run into any issues trying to setup your grid this way.

-Ben 

• 12-18-2013 5:08 PM In reply to

Thanks Ben, I think I've got it now!  I'll give it a shot and get back with you should I have any further difficulties.

Thanks so much!

Dan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)