Method Community

Send document from Method

Last post 02-03-2014 1:08 PM by j.baker. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2014 4:19 PM

• Davidk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 5

Send document from Method

I am looking for a way to send an existing document from Method.  I was experimenting by creating a new command to the More Actions button in the edit document screen.  We attach costing reports to invoices and I would like the ability to send that report via email to another method user....it is always the same person.  I have figured out how to send an email from the screen, but not attach the document to that email. 

• 01-25-2014 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: Send document from Method

Hi David,

We've done this and it works great. 

When doing this you have two choices, adding a document which has been created earlier in the action sequence using the Generate report action or adding a document which the user can choose from a drop down on the screen.  The key to the second is to identify that document by record ID and then reference the actual document itself with an ActionResult, (which is stored in the Document field in the DocumentLibrary table) in the attachment field on the Send Email action.

Victoria Cameron
    vcameron@cloudconsutlancyllc.com
    www.cloudconsultancyllc.com
    650/209-0345

What is Method?

• 01-27-2014 4:09 PM In reply to

• Davidk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 5

So I only want to email the docuement (or even just a link to it) that I've just uploaded into Method.  I want to add an action in the "Edit Documents" screen under the more actions button that I can click with the mouse and it will send the file of to a specified predefinded email address.  I've obviously found the send email action, but just having trouble finding out how to insert the document I'm editing to attach to the email.

• 02-03-2014 1:08 PM In reply to

• j.baker
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-24-2012
    • Stanwood, WA
    • Posts 35

One of the options on the Email Action is Attachement Location. From the Edit Document screen use the Value from Screen option, select the Document field. This will then attach the open document to you email.

JIm

James Baker
    425 407-8100
    brokenlinkwebservices@gmail.com
    jamesbaker@simplifiedbusinessportals.com
    www.simplifiedbusinessportals.com
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)