Method Community

Field services users vs techs

Last post 01-07-2014 10:29 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2013 8:27 AM

• Josh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2013
    • Posts 6

Field services users vs techs

How can I schedule work for techincians, when they are not users? Our project manager should be able to schedule work for several technicians, they do not need to log in. I cannot figure out how to make this work, can you help? Thanks!

• 12-31-2013 10:52 AM In reply to

Re: Field services users vs techs

Hi Josh,

You should be able to create new Users in Method that don't require sign-in capability.  I have attached a screenshot of what the user setup screen looks like, notice Step11 "User can Sign-In (counting towards paid licences)", make sure this is NOT checked.  This will allow you to create new users, but without login privleges, so your user licence count will remain the same, you will not need to pay for additional licences this way.  Please let me know if this helps.

-Ben 

• 12-31-2013 12:29 PM In reply to

• Josh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2013
    • Posts 6

Thanks Ben. Ive done that, and they do appear on the calendar view. But when creating the new work order, I click on the "Assigned to" dropdown, the other techs dont appear. I'm trying to assign several techs to one work order. Am I doing something wrong?

• 01-07-2014 8:34 AM In reply to

• Josh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2013
    • Posts 6

Any more ideas on this? Still cannot get other users to appear via the dropdown. Thanks!

• 01-07-2014 10:29 AM In reply to

Hi Josh,

I am really sorry Josh, I seem to have overlooked your last post here.  Can you confirm if this Method User you created is Active?  You can do this by going to Customize-Users, and "edit" the Method User in question.  At the bottom left of Edit User pop-up screen, you should see a checkbox for "Login is Active", make sure this is checked, I have a feeling this is your issue.

At first, I thought you were having issues linking the Method User you created with a technician in your database.  i figured I would keep what I have written below to help with this, as I already wrote this up:

You have the ability from Method to link a Method User you created with a Vender/Employee in your database.  To do thisfirst make sure your technicians are entered in as either an Employee or Vendor, depending on which is best for you.  You can do this from QuickBooks, however you can also add a Vendor or Employee through Method.  Go to the QuickBooks Tab Group (located top right of all screens in Method), then go to either the Vendor or Employee tab, depending which option you choose, and create a new record if required.

Once you have a Vendor/Employee in your database to link with the Method User you created for this technician, we can proceed to linking the Method User to the Employee/Vendor in your database.  To do this, go Customize-Users, then "Edit" the User.  Take a look at the bottom drop-down option, "Link to Employee/Vendor/OtherName", you should be able to locate the user you already had in QuickBooks, or the one you just created using the steps in the above paragraph.  Select the appropriate user, and click Finish.  Screenshot Below:

Please let me know if this helped resolve you issue,

Ben

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)