Method Community

Field 'IsLeadStatusOnly' does not support editing

Last post 01-07-2014 1:14 PM by Method_Adam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2014 11:37 AM

• jsenick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-29-2013
    • Jamestown, NY USA
    • Posts 35

Field 'IsLeadStatusOnly' does not support editing

We're receiving the error message "Field 'IsLeadStatusOnly' does not support editing" when attempting to convert a handful of leads into customers.  These individuals do not exist in QB.  I can't seem to see a pattern or common thread.  I would expect to only see such a thing when a customer's "IsLeadStatusOnly" field is set at False.  Are there other situations where this error would result?

TIA,

James

James Senick
    JamestownStamp.com
  • 01-07-2014 9:28 AM In reply to

Re: Field 'IsLeadStatusOnly' does not support editing

Answer

Hi James,

Is this through our stock Covert to Customer button? Something to try would be to go to Customize > Tables/Fields, and click Edit Fields on the Entity table. Then simply click Finish Editing Fields. This will regenerate the table your customers and leads are stored in.

You can also send me an email with your Company Account name, and enable the MethodSupport user so we can have a look. Alternatively, you can also give us a call at support (1-888-925-6238 x2) and we'll help you resolve this issue.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-07-2014 11:31 AM In reply to

• jsenick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-29-2013
    • Jamestown, NY USA
    • Posts 35

Adam,

Thankyou for the assistance.  The table regeneration seems to have worked for several of the problem leads, except one.  But to answer your question as to what was going on and where, through the stock "convert to customer" button, we did not receive the error.  However, the leads were not actually converted when using that button.  The lead still appeared as a lead and was not present in the customer list.  Upon further inspection,I saw that several fields were updated such as conversion date.  But "IsLeadStatusOnly" remained set as True.

The way the problem was detected was through a common procedure of ours involving the opportunities tab of the edit lead screen.  Basically we used a custom Opportunity stage that mimicked the "closed won" stage.  It was after setting this custom Opportunity Stage "Want List - No Purchase" that we would hit "Save" and be asked if we wanted to convert that lead to a customer.  Previously, selecting Yes or Ok converted the customer.  Last week, however, we began receiving the error message instead.

I'm unsure that it has any relation...but during this time I also noticed that several of the new dashboard screens (namely the Leads Dashboard, Activities Dashboard, and Cases Dashboard) mentioned in the release notes for Dec 30, do not appear.  I have not tried looking through the tab link customization options yet.  Again, I'm not sure if it has any relation but did wonder if there could have been a glitch during our update.  The Opportunities Dashboard and Customers Dashboard appear as expected.

I'll do some further checking in regards to the conversion issue once I get up to speed with our end users.  But in the meantime, MethodSupport is already enabled for our account.  I'll email you our Company Account Name.

Update: The one lead that was remaining to be converted was indeed in QB.  But the problem is now resolved after simply deleting the offending lead record. The converting issue appears resolved.

Thank you again,

James

James Senick
    JamestownStamp.com
  • 01-07-2014 12:48 PM In reply to

Hi James,

I got your email. I'll take a look and let you know what I find.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-07-2014 1:14 PM In reply to

James,

Good to hear the converting issue is resolved. As for the dashboards, the dashboards for Cases, Activities and Leads were only released for the QuickBooks Online, and not QuickBooks desktop.  They are coming for desktop, they just haven't been released yet.  This is why you don't see them in your account. It actually says that in the release notes, each screen listed has (QBO) or (QBD) next to it.

Looks like everything is resolved. Please let me know if there's anything else.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)