Method Community

Lead Form from Web Error

Last post 01-28-2014 10:14 AM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2014 7:16 PM

• Rob Diaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-27-2014
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Posts 1

Lead Form from Web Error

I am receiving a lead form error. I have check the forum but have been unsuccessful at resolving the problem. Please see the details of the error:

ERROR MEESAGE: We couldn't authenticate web form provider. Please contact web form provider for any additional information.

URL: http://landcareinc.net

Posted HTML to web page:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <script src="https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodWebForms/Javascript/formValidation.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function validate_form(thisform){
         with (thisform){
     if (validate_required("FirstName_Step2","vld_FirstName_Step2","First Name must be filled out!")==false)
    {document.getElementById("FirstName_Step2").focus();return false;}
     if (validate_required("LastName_Step2","vld_LastName_Step2","Last Name must be filled out!")==false)
    {document.getElementById("LastName_Step2").focus();return false;}
     if (validate_required("Phone_Step2","vld_Phone_Step2","Phone must be filled out!")==false)
    {document.getElementById("Phone_Step2").focus();return false;}
     if (validate_required("Email_Step2","vld_Email_Step2","Email must be filled out!")==false)
    {document.getElementById("Email_Step2").focus();return false;}
     if (validate_maxLength("Description_Step3","vld_Description_Step3","Products / Services: maximum length should be 4000 characters!",4000)==false)
    {document.getElementById("Description_Step3").focus();return false;}
             document.getElementById('submit_web_form').disabled=true;
         }
    }
    </script>

<form action="https://www.methodintegration.com/method/timezonerouter.aspx?url=https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodWebForms/submit.aspx" onsubmit="return validate_form(this)" method="POST">
    <input type="hidden" name="oid" value="lkrBcTwMtiq56woCbMJ8rTGwRwU2m1NfxyCOi2nIsZQ="/>
    <input type="hidden" name="retURL" value="http://"/>
    <input type="hidden" name="formName" value="Web-To-Lead"/>
    <h3>Contact Information</h3>
    <h4>Please enter your contact information below.</h4>
    <table>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="CompanyName_Step2">Company Name</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="CompanyName_Step2" name="CompanyName_Step2" maxlength="41" size="20" value="" />
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="FirstName_Step2">First Name</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="FirstName_Step2" name="FirstName_Step2" maxlength="25" size="20" value="" />
             <span id="vld_FirstName_Step2" style="color:Red">*</span>
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="LastName_Step2">Last Name</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="LastName_Step2" name="LastName_Step2" maxlength="25" size="20" value="" />
             <span id="vld_LastName_Step2" style="color:Red">*</span>
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="Phone_Step2">Phone</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="Phone_Step2" name="Phone_Step2" maxlength="21" size="20" value="" />
             <span id="vld_Phone_Step2" style="color:Red">*</span>
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="Email_Step2">Email</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="Email_Step2" name="Email_Step2" maxlength="1023" size="20" value="" />
             <span id="vld_Email_Step2" style="color:Red">*</span>
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="BillAddressAddr3_Step2">Address</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="BillAddressAddr3_Step2" name="BillAddressAddr3_Step2" maxlength="41" size="20" value="" />
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="BillAddressCity_Step2">City</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="BillAddressCity_Step2" name="BillAddressCity_Step2" maxlength="31" size="20" value="" />
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="BillAddressState_Step2">State / Province</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="BillAddressState_Step2" name="BillAddressState_Step2" maxlength="21" size="20" value="" />
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="BillAddressPostalCode_Step2">Postal Code</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="BillAddressPostalCode_Step2" name="BillAddressPostalCode_Step2" maxlength="13" size="20" value="" />
          </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="BillAddressCountry_Step2">Country</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <input type="text" id="BillAddressCountry_Step2" name="BillAddressCountry_Step2" maxlength="31" size="20" value="" />
          </td>
       </tr>
    </table>
    <h3>Products &amp; Services</h3>
    <h4>Please let us know what product(s) or service(s) are you interested in.</h4>
    <table>
       <tr>
          <td  valign ="top">
             <label for="Description_Step3">Products / Services:</label>
          </td>
          <td>
             <textarea rows="5" id="Description_Step3" name="Description_Step3" ></textarea>
             <span id="vld_Description_Step3" style="color:Red"></span>
          </td>
       </tr>
    </table>
    <input type="submit" name="submit_web_form" id="submit_web_form" value="Submit" />
    </form>

Rob Diaz
  • 01-27-2014 8:52 AM In reply to

Re: Lead Form from Web Error

Hi Rob,

I don't see anything out of the ordinary here with the code you included, it looks like it was a direct copy from our Web-To-Lead form with no additions.  It sounds like the issue is happening after pressing the "Submit" button, Method doesn't seem to know where this code is being submitted from(or from who's account).  I would advise you to double check the "URL" you included in the second step of creating your web form, make sure it is the same as what you offered in your post.  

If this isn't the issue, I would suggest you give us a call in Support so we can double check your settings and do some troubleshooting with you.  I believe I actually have an open Support Case with you currently that I owe you a follow-up on, so when I call you back today we can also discuss this one, if it wasn't as simple as an incorrect URL.

For anyone else reading this thread and have run into the same issue, I post any updates here after I speak with Rob.

-Ben

• 01-28-2014 10:14 AM In reply to

Re: Lead Form from Web Error

To anyone else following this thread,

I was able to discuss this issue with Rob yesterday, and we have been able to get this resolved.  This was a bit of an odd case, I haven't seen this issue before, but I believe it was caused by Rob's WebService provider.  Just to recap, according to the error message Rob provided in his original thread, I knew this had to do with the URL that must be entered in step 1of9 of the Web-To-Lead Form setup. We confirmed that he included the url for his website, however the Website Host Provider put us through a loop here.  We finally figured this out because of the error email generated and sent to the admin for the webform (after a form submission).  There was a URL hyperlink in this error email which suggested that this was the "true" place that the Web-to-lead form was setup on.  I had Rob copy this hyperlink from the error email, and include in his URL list, again in step 1of9.  Once we did this, we attemped a couple more tests and his webform was now up and running with no more issues.

The Website Service Provider was somehow redirecting his webform to a different url, again I am not sure why, probably just the way his online web designer has set this up.  If anyone else does experience this in the future, hopefully this thread will help you.  If you still require some help after reading this thread, don't hesitate to give us a call in Support and we can walk you through the process.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)