Method Community

Customer Update Estimate Status Within Email

Last post 01-29-2014 4:21 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2014 4:59 PM

• Chase
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-23-2014
    • Posts 2

Customer Update Estimate Status Within Email

Hello.

When I send out an estimate email, I would like for the customer to be able to accept or decline the estimate from within their portal access.  Depending on what they choose, I would like their estimate status to be automatically updated.

Here's what I have so far...

First, I created a dropdown menu that pulls the information from the EstimateStatus table.  This works great as I see the "pending, rejected, accepted, open" options within the menu on the page.  Then, I created a "submit" button that is supposed to update the EstimateStatus field in the Estimate table. to whatever they chose in the drop down menu  However, when I refresh my estimates, no change occurs and the estimate status still says "pending."

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• 01-27-2014 6:17 AM In reply to

Re: Customer Update Estimate Status Within Email

Hi Chase,

On which portal screen are you putting this EstimateStatus dropdown?  From what you have described, it sounds like you are trying to save the estimate status while not on a screen based on the estimate table. If this is the case, the status will not update.

What I would suggest is that on the Submit button, include an "Update field in table" action. This action will allow you to update the very estimate record the customer is trying to update. You can then include "Refresh gird" action to show the updated status.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-28-2014 9:59 AM In reply to

• Chase
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-23-2014
    • Posts 2

Adam,

Thank you so much for the help.

I am editing a copy of the "ContactsPortalQBO_NewCase" screen which I have named "ContactsPortalQBO_(Accept/DeclineEstimate)."

I do currently have an "Update Field In Table" action associated with the "Submit" Button.  However, I'm pretty sure I do not have it set up properly.  I have attached an image with the current settings that do not work.

Are you saying that because the "ContactsPortalQBO_NewCase" screen is not based on the "Estimate Table"  that what I'm trying to do isn't possible?  Thanks again for all your help.  I'm learning a lot about Method through sifting through this.

• 01-29-2014 4:21 PM In reply to

Hi Chase,

The very first thing I see is that you are trying to find the record in the Estimate table by EstimateStatus.  Generally, you'd want to find the record by RecordID, as this is most likely the only unique field in the Estimate table.  You would need an action result to capture the correct recordID for the estimate.  Also, yes the ContactsPortalQBO_NewCase screen is based off of the Cases table.

My suggestion for a screen like this would be to create a screen similar to the Recent Transaction screen already in the portal.  I would create a screen based off of the Estimate table and have a grid with checkboxes where the portal user can select estimates. Also have a field where they can select Accept or Decline and then loop through the grid for checked rows and update the field.

I think using the Cases screen for this is making it more difficult than it needs to be.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)