Method Community

Customization Issue

Last post 01-28-2014 7:55 AM by SteveKelly. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2014 3:48 PM

Customization Issue

We had a customization done where we had a drop down menu for each year (2012, 2013, 2014, etc). This menu is called the classification year. We are in the publishing business and are always working ahead and need to see our clients commitment levels down the road. In late 2013 i'd manually shift this classification to 2014. It would stay set only if I didn't dig into an account. Once I drilled into an account, the year would reset to 2013. I thought it would work itself out when we reached 2014, that is not the case. We are stuck in 2013 and need to have the classificaiton year stay in 2014 w/o having to manually reset it each time I use mehtod. All help is appreciated.   -Steve

• 01-22-2014 9:44 AM In reply to

Re: Customization Issue

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the question! In order to answer this I need a little bit more info -- is this a filtering dropdown, or an information drop down? in other words, is it a drop down attached to an active record (so it's a piece of information attached to a record)? Or is it something you use to filter (i.e see all records after 2014)? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Naeem

• 01-22-2014 10:09 AM In reply to

Naeem -

Thanks for the follow up. It is a filtering drop down. It allows us to change which year we are looking at and then see what the client spent that year. So, yes, we filter with this drop down. 

Let me know if you need any more info / clarification.

-Steve

• 01-22-2014 2:56 PM In reply to

Perhaps these screen shots will be helpful?

This is the drop down:

This is what it looks like when you drop down the menu.

If i click <add new> I can get to a screen like this.

Then I have this.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

• 01-22-2014 4:40 PM In reply to

Steve -

Thanks. Now is this built into a grid, or do you use the selection in the drop down to change the active record of the screen?

• 01-23-2014 7:51 AM In reply to

Naeem -

This drop down impacts the whole grid. When i'm viewing all customers in the customer tab, this drop down changes and sorts all accounts when i change the year classification.

Sorry the images didn't come through. They were there when I dropped them in, but once I posted, they vanished. 

-Steve

• 01-27-2014 4:13 PM In reply to

Hi Steve,

In step 1 of 6 in customizing a drop down, you can set the default value for it. You can also set the default filter to correspond to that, by editing the grid filter and changing the "default" use case.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you -- I dropped the ball on that one.

Cheers,

Naeem

• 01-28-2014 7:55 AM In reply to

Thanks Naeem!

Apprecaite your help!

-Steve

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)