Method Community

Work order dates

Last post 01-27-2014 4:08 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2014 3:58 PM

Work order dates

I am confused about the work order dates, why do I have to enter start date and end date twice for recurring series?

We have a lot of services that are done once a year, every year

In the edit work order screen we have to enter the start date and the end date even know the job will be finish the same day, and then we have to go to the recurring tab and enter the dates again, can this be avoid ?

And how the renewal process affect both dates, will it increase by a year at both places?

• 01-21-2014 9:22 AM In reply to

Re: Work order dates

Hi Marcelo,

Sorry for the late reply.  The reason there are two places to enter a start and end date are due to the differences between creating the series and the individual occurrences.

When you first create the work order, the Ddue date start and end dates are in reference to the original occurrence, as if it was a one time occurrence.  When you mark the work order as "recurring", the dates you are entering there are for the length of the series.

Using you example, you would set up a work order to be done from 11am to 12pm on this coming Wednesday. This date and time is setup at the top of the screen. When going into Recurring Dates you are now setting up how often this is set to occur. Here your start and end dates would be when the first occurrence is supposed to start and when the last occurrence is set to end. Therefore, for a yearly occurrence, you'd want to make this end date many years in the future.

For the renewal process, this is merely a flag to remind the user to renew the occurrences. In the Existing Work Order list, there is a dropdown filter view for work order that are set to be renewed. You can then select those work orders and renew them in the "Update Selected Work Orders" tab.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-23-2014 2:49 PM In reply to

Thanks

Is there a way to take the time off the work orders?

We dont schelude work order by time, only by day.And then we use sort order to put the work order in the right order,

When I create a lawn moving series always starts april 10 and ends november 15th, the I go to a particular occurrence to make notes and it wont let me save it , tells me that the end date shuld be later that the start date

• 01-27-2014 4:08 PM In reply to

Hi Marcelo,

Sorry for the late reply.  You can take the date off of the fields.  This is a setting in Method you'll have to change.  You would need to go to each date/time field in the screen and make sure the "Show Date and Time" option is unchecked.

The message that the End Date should be later than the Start Date is a Conditional Warning action that is on the Save button. This can be removed when editing the screen.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)