Method Community

Export to Excel

Last post 02-10-2014 4:34 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2014 8:56 AM

Export to Excel

I created  button that exports the contacts grid to excel but I am receiving and error message after I click on download excel report (see below).

I need to fix this asap because I am working on a project.

Belw is the error message I am receiving. Please advise how to correct this.

Thank you

Your file is ready to be downloaded. Click the link below to download your file: 

Download Excel Report

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

• 02-05-2014 9:35 AM In reply to

Re: Export to Excel

Hi Afrodite,

To answer this, I'll need a bit more information. Have you made any other changes to the customer/contacts list screen? Are there any other actions on the Export Grid button? 

One quick thing you can try as well, is to re-open the screen and re-publish... that has fixed the issue for a customer in the past.

Naeem

• 02-05-2014 9:47 AM In reply to

Hi Naeem,

The actions on the button are when button is  click to export thecontact grid to excel. Below is some more info. Im not sure if it helps.

Screen Name

CPLEMS_CustomerJobList

Account

CPLEMS

Last Modified

2/5/2014 3:43:41 PM

Screen base table is

Contacts

Screen ID

Caption

Field Name in Table

Bound

Type

Row

Column

Header

Existing Customer Contacts List

False

Label

Search

False

Picture

Actions for Search 

To edit an existing Customer or Contact click the Go To... link. If you'd like to create a new customer, click the New Customer tab link.

False

Label

Refresh

False

Button

Actions for Refresh 

Existing Customers and Contacts List

Contacts

False

Grid

Footer Section

Export to Excel

False

Button

Actions for Export to Excel

New Customer

False

Picture

Actions for New Customer

Actions for Screen:

Actions for Screen 

Total Grids: 1

Total Buttons: 2

Total Calendars: 0

Total Fields: 0

Total Objects: 7

Total Actions: 24

• 02-06-2014 9:42 AM In reply to

Any updates?? Please advise

• 02-06-2014 11:59 AM In reply to

Hi Afrodite,

Still cracking at this -- I appreciate the patience. I had to edit your last post to remove some sensitive information -for future reference, I recommend never to copy and paste stuff from live Method account to a forum post as it contains security related information. Screenshots would suffice, and are safe.

Naeem

• 02-10-2014 4:34 PM In reply to

Hi Afrodite,

We've done some testing and discovered a few things. It appears that something has become corrupted on your grid. We tested the following to confirm this:

1) We created a new screen with the contacts table, built a grid, and created the Excel button -- it exported without issue.

2) We copied the original CRM_CustomerList screen, added an Export to Excel button, and again it worked without issue

3) Finally, we added a new grid to the custom screen you're currently having issue with, and redirected the Export to Excel button to that, and it worked

This confirms that the issue lies in your grid. I would recommend deleting the grid and re-creating it, and then re-trying the button.

Naeem 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)