Method Community

Customer name VS Company Name

Last post 02-17-2014 3:20 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2014 11:18 AM

Customer name VS Company Name

Someone please shed some light on how these fields should be utilized.  We tend to use the same data in both fields, but we're still not quite clear if that is the proper way to utilize these fields.

Thanks

• 02-17-2014 3:20 PM In reply to

Re: Customer name VS Company Name

Hi CF_Pro,

This really depends on how you want to organize your QuickBooks data, and has little to do with Method.  Since the company name will always be the company name, the question really comes down to how you'd like to utilize the Customer Name in QuickBooks. Understand that Method will sync with whatever you decide to use in QuickBooks as the Customer Name. I know some users have the main contact person for the company as the Customer Name and some use the company name as the Customer Name in QuickBooks.

I don't believe there is a right or wrong way to do this, just more of a personal preference and perhaps how you define the customer for your business.  If you do business with individual people, maybe use the person's name as the customer. If you sell to businesses, perhaps the company name. The decision on how to use this field is really up to you and your business.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)