Method Community

Estimate Line Amount

Last post 02-13-2014 3:57 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2014 10:16 AM

Estimate Line Amount

I need help figuring out where the caluation for the estimate line amount comes from.  It appears to have an error (either by code or operator).

When I enter in an item with a qty/cost/markup it appears to have the math wrong.

My thought as to how it would work would be qty*(cost+markup) but it appears to be calculating it qty*cost + markup

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Shawn

• 02-12-2014 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: Estimate Line Amount

Hi Shawn,

The estimate line amount value is done with back end calculation.  Which version of QuickBooks are you using and which region (US, Canada, UK....)? 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-12-2014 2:21 PM In reply to

Quickbooks Enterprise 14 US

• 02-13-2014 3:57 PM In reply to

Hi Shawn,

I tested this out and the calculations are consistent with QuickBooks.  I believe what you might be seeing is the difference between how Markup and Markup% are calculated.  While Method has an amount field, this is actually the total for the estimate line.  The amount field you see in the screen below is the actual amount field, which is cost x quantity.  The total field below is the amount + markup.

For instance, if the markup like above is 20% and the amount is $80, $16 dollars is added to the amount to make $96.  If the markup is $20 dollars, the total is then $100.  

I hope this help clear things up.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)