Method Community

Error message when saving

Last post 02-21-2014 4:57 PM by S_Shipper. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2014 6:47 PM

Error message when saving

Hello all, I get this message when I save information in the Customers/Invoice screen.  What I would so is enter in some shipping data and then hit save.  Once I hit save I get the following error:

Error^Action Sequence Order:5^The criteria to retrieve value from table did not contain a value. The field used to retrieve the value is RecordID and the sign is =

Now everything gets saved but I would like to have a solution to this matter.  The fields that I have added to the screen might have something to do with it perhaps but I do not know what it is.  If someone can give me some suggestions that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Sam

• 02-21-2014 12:45 PM In reply to

Re: Error message when saving

Hi S_Shipper,

Based off what you provided in your post, it is a little difficult for us to pinpoint the issue here.  It sounds like this error is likely occuring from some customization done on this screen, so I can't say for sure where this is coming from exactly.  My advice would be to first figure out where this error message you are getting is being generated from.  The error message suggests to look at the Action Sequence #5, I am not sure which button this would be linked to, but I would suggest checking your "save" button first, and if you have a "Retreive Value from Table" action as #5 in your list, this would be where the problem stems from.  I would also have to guess from this error messagthat you are trying to retreive a value from a table, but the table has a blank/no value for this field, meaning it can't retreive any data. You might have to eliminate this action, or see why you are retreiving a value, if there should be one.

Hopefully my suggestions above might give you some further insight into how to resolve your issue.  

-Ben

• 02-21-2014 4:57 PM In reply to

Re: Error message when saving

Hello Ben,

I found the list of actions just deleted that action al together and it works.  I just did not know where to look.  Thank you for your help.

Sam

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)