Method Community

Win 7/8 tablet usage

Last post 02-26-2014 4:16 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2014 1:20 PM

Win 7/8 tablet usage

Hey guys!

Will method work with a win 7 or win 8 tablet?

Was wondering if anyone tried to use one. 

Thanks!

• 02-26-2014 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: Win 7/8 tablet usage

Hi John,

We don't yet offeofficial support for Tablets running Windows 7/8.  However, we have received a few support cases where users have been using Windows tablets, and from the feedback they have given, it seems they are able to use Method without issues.  Please understand that again we don't officially support Windows Tablets currently, so there could be issues we don't as of yet know about.  Also, although I don't have much experience with Windows Tablets myself (go Android!), I believe there are different versions, mostly Windows RT and regular Windows.  Windows RT are designed specifically for mobile devices, so there might be some issues attempting to run Method on these devices.

On a side note, I actually helped one Method User install the Method Outlook Plug-in on their Tablet (they had a regular version of Microsoft Office with Outlook installed on the tablet).  The installation was successful, and I stayed on the call long enough to see that the our plug-in was able to communicate with Method.  I haven't heard from this Customer since to see if they have been continually using it, although that could be a good sign.

Method Users - Any of you out there reading this post, have you used Method from a Windows Tablet?  Do you have any feedback for John if you have?

-Ben

• 02-26-2014 2:45 PM In reply to

Hey Ben

My whole gole was to use win 7 tablet with my landscape drawing program instead of a lap top.  The developer said their program will not work.  I would have thought since its win 7 and I use win 7 on my desktop that it would work but the developer said nope. This is the reason. I am all for Andoid but I am limited to using the method mobile screens.

Thanks! 

Hey this is my 300th post! Dosent Method have a 300 post milestone acheivement award program?  Stick out tongue

• 02-26-2014 4:14 PM In reply to

Hey John,

First of all, my comment about Android was just meant as a shout out to Android, agreed however, you are stuck with Mobile screens (at least until v2).

My best suggestion if this is the case, and you have already purchased a Windows Tablet (non RC), would be to simply do some tests from the Tablet doing daily activity that you would be doing anyways, and see if you notice any issues.  I am not sure you have a bluetooth mouse (or if the Tablet has a USB input for a USB mouse), but you might find some screens easier to work with using a mouse.

In regards to your 300th post, all I can say to that is if you do get something for this milestone, then I deserve one also, as I just surpassed my 300th post today as well!

• 02-26-2014 4:16 PM In reply to

John - on second thought, this one is for both of us:

on your 300th post!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)