Method Community

Login Failed: If you have attempted to log in several times, please wait 10 Minutes before trying again.

Last post 05-05-2014 1:17 PM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2014 11:47 AM

Login Failed: If you have attempted to log in several times, please wait 10 Minutes before trying again.

Hello Method,

I have the below message error:

object(stdClass)#2 (2) {

["MethodAPISelect_XMLResult"]=>

string(104) "Login Failed: If you have attempted to log in several times, please wait 10 Minutes before trying again."

["xmlReturnedDataSet"]=>

string(0) ""

}

I updated my API login details and since my website hasn't been able to access anything.  This has been like it all after soon so I'm guess the ip address has been permantly blocked and requires a manual process to enable the api access again.

Please can you action this asap. The domain in question is bitesizeseminars.co.uk (ip address is 149.255.97.126)

Thanks for your help,

Michael

• 05-05-2014 1:17 PM In reply to

Re: Login Failed: If you have attempted to log in several times, please wait 10 Minutes before trying again.

Michael - It it highly unlikely that your IP is blocked. If there are 5 failed attempts in a short period of time, it will temporarily stop attempting logins.

If you have a failed attempt it will push the 10 minutes back. So if you keep trying, it will not be 10 minutes from your 5th bad attempt it will be 10 minutes from your most recent bad attempt.

My apologies for the inconveinence - the purpose is to protect your account.

One thing, though, is that you can call into the support team, during business hours, and they have the ability to clear the failed attempts - should there ever be an emergency that can't wait the 10 minutes.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)