Method Community

Importing Invoice/Sales data

Last post 03-28-2014 9:41 AM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2011 1:44 PM

Importing Invoice/Sales data

We are new to method. I am wondering if there a way to import sales data from our online store into method/QB. We can export our data in the common format such as CSV. I don't seem to able to find the proper tabel in the import section of the integration tool. When I choose invoice it does not have a way to map the item sku. Thank you in advance for your help.

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 08-25-2011 2:40 PM In reply to

Re: Importing Invoice/Sales data

Answer

Hi Jason,

Though it is possible to import Invoices into Method it can be a bit tricky since you will need to import the Invoice table and then the InvoiceLine table. It's best to get these transactions first into QB which will flow over to Method. If you take a look at the Inuit Marketplace there are a bunch of apps that specialize in this.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 09-14-2011 12:37 PM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Answer

Jason, BayStateConsulting has some very nice tools for importing these types of transactions into QB.  www.baystateconsulting.com.  As Michael mentioned, if you want complete support for the Sales or Invoice data, you need to import both a Header and Line Item record for Sales Orders and Invoices and these two need to be properly linked in the database.  This is not trivial to do.  The BayStateConsulting import tool is a full featured tool dedicated to getting this kind of import done right and providing the administration tools to help figure out what's going wrong, if it does.  I was going to use it to import Invoices from a custom VB Application until I found Method.  Thankfully, I don't have to worry about this when I enter Sales Order or Invoices in Method as it handles all the QB synch up seamlessly.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 09-16-2011 3:08 PM In reply to

Thank you very much. I will give that a try.

Jason
    Chowrentoys.com
  • 03-27-2014 11:04 AM In reply to

I am a new user and have tried numerous times to import into the invoice table using the integration tool under customization. My data was validated and was allowed to click 'begin import', however, it shows no progression of the import on the import status bar, even after many hours. What am I doing wrong?

Marlena
    Raleigh,NC
  • 03-28-2014 9:41 AM In reply to

Hi Marlena,

There are a number of possible causes.  How many records are you trying to import? Which browser are you using?

Overall, I wouldn't advise to use Method to import invoices. Please see Mike's comment in this thread for why this isn't advised.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)