Method Community

Parent accounts and adding subaccounts errors/conflicts

Last post 03-31-2014 12:42 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2014 2:25 PM

Parent accounts and adding subaccounts errors/conflicts

When a new customer (parent) is created, if there is a date in the JobStartDate field I get a conflict saying that this is already a job, and any subaccounts created in Method are not synced in QB. They will only sync if I delete this date value. I follow this logic and it makes sense, as the presence of a value in the JobStartDate field makes QB think that this particular account is a job (when it is not) and you cannot have 2 levels of subaccounts. And yes, I will hide this field and blank it out in our New/Edit account screen in the near future.

But the main problem is, when I export the customer table into Excel and look at all our parent accounts, 95% of them have values in the JobStartDate field, and there are no problems in adding subaccounts.

How is this possible? Should I delete all these existing dates?

• 03-31-2014 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: Parent accounts and adding subaccounts errors/conflicts

Hi Mike,

This is likely just due to how the SDK accepts new customer records.  I believe we handle the entity record slightly differently than QuickBooks and QB has the logic to create a new customer with a value in this field. It then syncs over into Method.  I don't believe you need to remove the data already in these fields. You should be fine to leave it.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)