Method Community

Payment terms for jobs?

Last post 04-03-2014 11:16 AM by MikeB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2014 8:37 AM

Payment terms for jobs?

It it possible to apply payment terms to jobs that may or may not be different from the parent, or are payment terms meant to be the same for all jobs and the parent? Will this cause an error? I ask because in QuickBooks, the Payment terms field is only visible when you drill into the parent account, and not when you drill into jobs.

Thanks

• 04-03-2014 11:13 AM In reply to

Re: Payment terms for jobs?

Hi Mike,

I did a quick test based on your question, and I do see your point, I found in QuickBooks desktop, you can only add Payment Terms for a Customer, the option simply isn't there for a Job.  I then checked out Method, and again agree with you, you appear to be able to choose the Payment Terms for Customers, as well as Jobs.

I will have to do some more digging however to confirm what would be the correct way to do this from Method.  I have a feeling, that we would need to mimic how QuickBooks handles this on their end in order to avoid conflicts.  I will post to this thread as soon as I have some specific answers to your question.

-Ben

• 04-03-2014 11:16 AM In reply to

Re: Payment terms for jobs?

Thanks - I figured (feared) it may be like Tax Codes, where in QB you assign it to a parent but in Method you can assign it to an individual job. Not sure if that causes problems, either.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)