Method Community

Add existing contacts/vendors to a Customer's contacts

Last post 05-05-2014 8:40 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2014 12:56 PM

Add existing contacts/vendors to a Customer's contacts

Is there anyway to link an existing contact (a lead or vendor or company, or a contact associated w/ another company) to an existing Customer's contacts

I work with and collaborate with my own vendors and outside professionals/companies on multiple unrelated jobs for different customers. Typically I work with a Customer on only one job, and then that customer becomes inactive. But some contacts that were associated with that customer should not be inactive, I have other customers associated with that professional, and I'd like to see a history of our working relationshipHow do I relate contacts to more than one customer?

Currently, I have to enter the same professional's contact info in to mulitple customer contact lists. It doesn't seem possible to select an existing contact, customer, vendor or lead to a separate customer contact list. Is there a way around this? 

thanks!

• 05-05-2014 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Add existing contacts/vendors to a Customer's contacts

Hi Michele,

Sorry for late reply.  To answer your question, unfortunately a contact can only be associated with one customer/vendor/lead at a time. You can change the association however. Each contact is linked to an Entity (fancy word for a customer/vendor/lead) through a dropdown field. You can change the association by selecting a different entity.

You will need to customize a screen to do this or create a new screen. You can reverse engineer our CRM_ActivityType screen and create a similar screen based on the Contacts table instead of the ActivityType table. 

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)