Method Community

Duplicate Invoice Numbers

Last post 05-07-2014 4:48 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2014 3:00 PM

Duplicate Invoice Numbers

Throughout much of today (unnoticed by us until now), a series of invoices were assigned duplicate numbers - in pairs.

There were multiple instances of invoices created in Method and submitted for 2 different companies where they each had the same invoice number. 

My Method settings are such that QB assigns invoice numbers, not Method, and the "receive warning for duplicate invoice numbers" checlbox is checked in QB's Company Preferences, but we never got the warning because all invoices were Method-created.

This is concerning. How can it be prevented?

• 05-07-2014 2:15 PM In reply to

Re: Duplicate Invoice Numbers

Hi MikeB,

Off-hand it's a bit hard to say why this has happened in your account, I have a couple questions that should help me get a better idea of what is going on here.  I understand you are using QuickBooks to assign your RefNumbers, however at any point did you have Method assign your RefNumbers, before hand?  Are we confident that none of your Method Users wouldn't have manually put in an invoice number?  Is this happening with new invoices or only old ones, and can you offer some date ranges.

If you can reply with some answers to my questions I should have a better idea of how/why this has happened. 

-Ben

• 05-07-2014 2:33 PM In reply to

For us, invoice numbers cannot be assigned/changed/edited in Method. The field is hidden or read-only.

All issues happened on the day I posted this (Monday May 6th, 2014). and applied to a series of new invoices on that day - all created in Method.

• 05-07-2014 2:38 PM In reply to

Hi

We've solved this for several customers by have the refNumber assigned in Method using a custom script.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-07-2014 4:48 PM In reply to

MikeB - It would likely help if you could turn on the MethodSupport User for your account, then email me your Company Account name and contact details.  To turn on the Support User, login to Method, then go to Customize->Users, locate the Method Support User in the 2nd section of this screen, and make sure there is a checkmark in the "Active" column.  Once this is done, you can email us at support@method.me, or you can email me privately through our forums.

As soon as I can take a closer look at your account, I can see what might have caused this.

Mark - Thank you for your feedback, I might have to follow up with you to see what you are doing with this script, I just want to make sure I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the MikeB's account first.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)