Method Community

Changing "Assigned to" in Activities

Last post 05-12-2014 4:36 PM by Method_Russell. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2014 8:25 PM

Changing "Assigned to" in Activities

I recently lost a Sales Rep.  I want to take all the future Activities that the old rep had and assign them to the new sales rep.  Is that possible without aving to go into each individual Activity????  This should be a pretty common occurance for anyone that loses a salesperson and later replaces them with someone else, but I can't find anything on it in Forums or Help...

• 05-12-2014 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: Changing "Assigned to" in Activities

Hi ByronMSEC,

here are 2 ways you could achieve this, I'll go through them both for you. The first way would be through import/export:

1. Export your Activities table, with the fields RecordId and AssignedTo selected.
    2. Modify the AssignedTo field to the new salesperson's name (make sure this matches exactly to the value from the dropdown)save the spreadsheet.
    3. Import the the spreadsheet.
    They key here is that when you import the spreadsheet, the existing records will be updated (and AssignedTo changed), based on the corresponding RecordId field in the speadsheet.

The second approach would be to use
     Method actions by adding a button to the Activities screen. If you havent customized the Activities screen, please start by copying that screen (which allows it to be modified). You can place the copy of that screen in whatever tab you like. The approach here is that the user would select the records to update by searching in the filter row at the top of the grid. (A similar article that deletes instead of modifies records is available here: http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=methodcrm&article=How-to-delete-multiple-records-while-looping-through-a-grid&id=194.) In your case, you would type the old sales person in the AssignedTo filter.

Next, you would add a button doing the following:

1. Loop through all rows in the Activities grid, using the "Start Loop Through Grid" action. (To be extra careful, you could loop through "only checked rows" if you wanted to check off the records to modify. You would have to enable the checkbox column)
    2. Set the current record's AssignedTo to the new salesperson's name, using the "Update Field in Table" action.
    3. End the loop through the table.

This button would allow you to assign Activities to a new sales person, depending on whatever filter critieria you would like. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

-Russell

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)