Method Community

Multiple Errors on Sales Order Screen

Last post 05-15-2014 9:43 AM by Method_Russell. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2014 5:32 PM

• SolP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-12-2014
    • Posts 4

Multiple Errors on Sales Order Screen

I'm having trouble with my sales order screen - many glitches/bugs/problems:
    1. Keeps telling me that the customer field is required even though there is a value in the field when I try to do "Save" or "Save and New"
    2. Print Preview button yields this message:
    Could not run the 'Show Screen In Popup' command, as there was a problem locating the Screen 'CRM_PreferencesReports'. This Screen may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen 'CRM_PreferencesReports' as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1
    3. Create Invoice button yields this message:
    Could not run the 'Show Screen In Popup' command, as there was a problem locating the Screen 'QuickBooks_SalesOrder_CreateInvoice'. This Screen may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen 'QuickBooks_SalesOrder_CreateInvoice' as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:
  • 05-14-2014 9:17 AM In reply to

Re: Multiple Errors on Sales Order Screen

Hi SoIP,

Are you referring to the Customer:Job field?

Have you selected an existing customer with the dropdown, or created a new one with the ... button? If you just typed a name into the dropdown but that customer doesn't exist, this would cause that error to occur.

Regarding your second issue, have you modified this screen at all? On my end, the action "Show Screen in Popup" isn't used in the Print Preview button. If you have modified the screen, you could delete that action or test that same button on the stock Sales Order screen. Go to Customize > Screens > search for the original screen (Quickbooks_SalesOrder), then hover your mouse over its name and click View to the left.

The issue regarding the invoice screen seems to indicate that there have been some changes made to the "Show Screen In Popup" action in the Create Invoice button. You'll need to modify that button to investigate that action, the most likely scenario is that the wrong screen is being called. You can also compare against the original screen like I mentioned in the paragraph above. Ensure you select the stock "QuickBooks_SalesOrder_CreateInvoice" screen. If you have a copied version of the screen which has been customized, then you can select that copy.

-Russell

• 05-14-2014 11:24 AM In reply to

• SolP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-12-2014
    • Posts 4

It turns out that this screen is not available for Method for QuickBooks Online (just got off a phone call with tech support). QBO doesn't have sales orders yet. Wish that we could just use sales orders within Method and not have it sync, but doesn't look like that is possible.

• 05-15-2014 9:43 AM In reply to

Hi SoIP,

You're right, sales orders won't work due to a limitation with QBO.

-Russell

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)