Method Community

Printing "where script" filter on report

Last post 05-29-2014 1:56 PM by Method_Russell. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2014 8:14 AM

Printing "where script" filter on report

How do I print the "where script" on the report?  I need to know the "filter" criteria used to generate a report.  Thanks. 

• 05-22-2014 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: Printing "where script" filter on report

Hi Robert,

The Report Desinger can only use information stored in tables attached to the report being generated. In order to acheive what you are asking, you would need to write the "where script" into a field in one of the associated tables (Update Field in Table action). You would have to build the text for the "where script" manually, there is no mechanism in Method to do this. Then you would drag that field onto the report.

If you have any questions about this please let us know.

-Russell

• 05-29-2014 12:31 PM In reply to

Solution: Repurpose Company.CompanyType.  Its 255 characters that are not used by us in Method or Quickbooks.  Since Company is always available in Report Designer, just before generating a report, I update Company.Company with resultReportfilter where RecordID = 1. Then I put Company.CompanyType on the report.  Bingo.

I figured its very unlikely multiple users will run a report close enough in time for the CompanyType from one users report to appear on anothers report but it could happen.  Very rarely.... 

• 05-29-2014 1:56 PM In reply to

Hi Robert,

Makes sense and thanks for sharing your solution. You're right, 2 users would have to run the report at the same instant for one user's where script to show on another's report.

-Russell

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)