Method Community

Problem with Session IP value in February release

Last post 06-09-2014 1:02 PM by Rolf. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2014 1:48 PM

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Problem with Session IP value in February release

We use the "Value from session   User:IP address" value in a customized screen to set a default global value.   This has worked consistently  until the February release version.  Whereas this value returned the correct IP value in the past, it now always returns the value 10.183.248.250 

We are continuing to use the October version release and will need to  do so until  this is resloved.  Could you please look into this and correct the problem prior to removing the October version access.

thanks,

Rolf

• 05-06-2014 10:03 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with Session IP value in February release

Hi Rolf,

I took a quick look at this issue you pointed out for the February Release, I agree with you completely, there seems to be an issue.  I created a quick test screen to add the SessionIP to a field on my screen, in Feb. Release, I get the same IP address you mentioned (obviously not my IP).  I then loaded this screen in the Oct. Release, this time I did get the correct IP, just as you suggested.

I will have to put a ticket in with our Development to take a look at this and get it fixed.  As soon as I have any feedback regarding this, I will post here.

-Ben

• 06-02-2014 2:14 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Hi Ben,

I was  wondering if any progress has been made on this issue  and to remind you that we need to continue to have the October version available until it's resolved.

thanks,

Rolf

• 06-06-2014 2:31 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Could someone please respond to this?  I need to at know that the old version won't be removed until this issue is fixed.

thanks,

Rolf

• 06-09-2014 8:30 AM In reply to

Hi Rolf,

My apologies, I have been away this past week.  I do still have this ticket in with our Development team, and I know it will definitely get looked at before we remove the October version of Method on our live site.  I will also update the development ticket with your comments above.

-Ben

• 06-09-2014 8:50 AM In reply to

Rolf - I was just corrected in my last response here internally, it appears this was fixed in my absence.  We still haven't added it to the February release, but it should be added shortly, I will respond to this post once it has been published for you to test.

-Ben

• 06-09-2014 1:02 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Ok, thanks Ben

I'll repost once I notice it working.

Rolf

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)