Method Community

Creating cases and issue with customer notifications

Last post 06-11-2014 10:47 AM by Method_Ahmed.. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2014 12:22 PM

• dborey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-10-2014
    • Posts 1

Creating cases and issue with customer notifications

I have a question pertaining to the way Cases are handled for notifications.

So currently, I have several email templates setup just for Cases.  They pull the Cases data to notify the customer when a new case is created, changed or closed.  Here are a few scenerios and issues.

First, when the case is sent to the customer it currently is being emailed from the staff user.  So the customer is seeing the From email address is myname@mycompany.com.  I would like to have the cases sent from a catchall email like support@mycompany.com.  So I went into the Customize>My Account>Default Email Preferences and changed this to support@mycompany.com.  But when the customer receives the email, it shows From: support@mycompany.com On Behalf Of myname@mycompany.com.  Is there any way to stop this and have all Case Notifications just come from support@mycompany.com?

Next issue, the case notification includes a portal link that is auto generated by Method.  So the email template shows http://urlforportal/ and then when the actual email is sent it has an auto generated link so the customer can view/update/close cases opened under that contact.  When they click on the generated link, all it asks for is their email address to login and then it brings them to a Customer Service tab with the cases list of opened cases for that Contact.  I don't see anywhere that I can customize that portal, since it's being auto generated by Method.  I tried going into the Portals section, created a portal for Cases.  But this gives them access to way more options, such as being able to assign cases to specific staff members

The auto generated portal only asks for the customers email address and they can access simple information such as their case activity, updating their case and closing it.  They can also submit a new case/question (another issue I will address).  The Cases portal I created, they have access to way too much.  It pretty much looks like the same as we have access to as Staff.  And the customer should not be able to assign cases to anyone specific.  So how do I customize the Customer Service portal that is being auto generated by Method?

Also, if the customer submits a new question/case from the auto generated portal it automatically assigns the case to the owner of the company.  I see no options anywhere on how to stop this.  I would like to either change the default assigned to for new cases from the customer service portal to myself, or have it unassigned so that one of the techs can grab it from the general queue.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.  I've spent over a week trying to get these issues resolved and have scoured the help files and KB articles to no avail.

• 06-11-2014 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Creating cases and issue with customer notifications

Dborey
    Thank you for posting in the forum. 
    1) Emails from Cases sending on behalf of another email address. 
    To rectify this please check the users individual email preferences. 
    Go to users, edit specific user and go to step 2. If the below box is checked then any email notifications will come from default setup in 'My Account'.
    Inline image 1
    2) Customizing portal login and access.

The link is set to take customers directly to the ContactsPortal_NewCase screen in the Contacts Portal tab. Sounds like you maybe confusing tabs and tablinks. Use the existing portal and just copy and customize the ContactsPortal_NewCase screen.

3) Changing default assigned user. 
    This can be changed in step one of the 'Customize' portal screen. At the bottom there is a place to select an admin for the portal. If this is changed, all new cases submitted from the portal will assign to the individual selected. 
    (Note: This cannot be left blank.)

A suggestion would be to create a general user in Method, i.e. Support Group. Make this administrator of the portal and then all new cases will be assigned to it. 

(Note: You can create this unchecking the 'User Can sign-in (Counting Towards my paid licences). This will allow the user to be created and not charging the company an extra licence.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)