Method Community

Missing Customer Info after Import!

Last post 06-23-2014 9:59 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2014 9:30 AM

Missing Customer Info after Import!

I've been importing customer information, both new information and to existing ones and now I discovered instead of merging information to existing customers, they are overidden. i.e. As I import new information to an existing customer but leave certain fields black such as phone numbers and emails, they get erased on Method (and then QuickBooks!)

Is there anyway to undo this?

• 06-23-2014 9:59 AM In reply to

Re: Missing Customer Info after Import!

Hello Wentsi,

Basic Idea of Import is to import new data to existing fields or creating new fields and update data in those fields. The Import/export tool allows you to extract all data from tables in Method(export), and then import records into any table that supports additions. When you update any data into the existing field make sure you only select the particular fields that you want to update with new information with record id, but if you leave them blank it will be updated as a blank record. Unfortunately once the import is done it can't be undo as it gets updated into Mehtod and then with quickbooks.

For more information you can call our support line 1-888-925-6238 then option 2 for support.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)