Method Community

Drop Down filter suddenly providing wrong results

Last post 07-14-2014 2:00 PM by Method_Audisho. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2014 2:39 PM

• NickZeik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2013
    • St. Petersburg, FL
    • Posts 17

Drop Down filter suddenly providing wrong results

This is for customer NOVAUniqueEventSpace

I've created a custom entity called Event which has its own table. It is related to Customers via drop down. I recently linked the Invoice Table as wel, so I can associate an event to a specific invoice. On the related screen, I added a drop down field for the Invoice to select the invoice ID to create the association. I filter the drop down by the customer name using the screen display to create the filter so we only allow the user to choose from the customers invoicesIt worked fine for a few days. 

Recently I added a tab to the Event screen to show the line items of the invoice. I used the selected Invoice ID to drive the contents of the Grid. While setting the grid up, i noticed that the Invoice table was not considered a linked table to the Event table related to the screen. I don't know if this is relevant, but since the change the Invoice drop down is no longet showing the invoices related to the customer. I've changed the filter from the Customer name to the customer record ID but still getting the same incorrect content in the drop down.

Nick Mazeika
    Consultant
    I'm You When You Can't Be
  • 07-11-2014 12:11 PM In reply to

Re: Drop Down filter suddenly providing wrong results

Hi Nick,

Can you please clarify for me? In your "Event" table, do you have a dropdown for both "Customers" and for "InvoiceID" or are they linked in some other way?

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-11-2014 12:35 PM In reply to

• NickZeik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2013
    • St. Petersburg, FL
    • Posts 17

Thank you Audisho,

Yes the Events table has both a drop down for Customer and for Invoice, linking to both tables. I filter the drop down contents based on the customer. It worked initially and nowit is returning the wrong data. I've used both Name and Id to match records.

Nick

Nick Mazeika
    Consultant
  • 07-11-2014 3:27 PM In reply to

Hi Nick,

Sorry I am still trying to understand what is causing this to not function. Do the dropdown fields in the Event table look like this?

Event Table

With Customer being from Customer -> FullName and Invoice being from Invoice -> RecordID.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 07-11-2014 6:35 PM In reply to

• NickZeik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2013
    • St. Petersburg, FL
    • Posts 17

Yes. Except the Invoice Field is labeld InvoiceID.

MethodSupport is active if you want to log in [removed]

Nick Mazeika
    Consultant
  • 07-14-2014 8:46 AM In reply to

Hi Nick,

Sorry I was not able to get this resolved on Friday. I have logged into your account and had a look at your table and screen. It appears that the issue was that the Invoice Lines grid was not refreshing when you selected a new Event. I created a copy of your screen and added "Refresh All Grids" into the OnClick event of the Select field. Alternatively you can use "Refresh Grid" to refresh only the specified grids you would lke to refresh. This seems to have fixed the issue. Test it out for yourself and let me know if the issue is resolved.

For future reference, if you are going to share your company account name, please do not post it directly on the forums, send me an email instead. It is more secure this way!

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 07-14-2014 10:44 AM In reply to

• NickZeik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2013
    • St. Petersburg, FL
    • Posts 17

Hi Audisho,

I didn't really understand the relevance of the grids to the invoice table link, but I can report that this did NOT fix the problem. I'm still getting the incorrect results to the filtering of the Invoice dropdown.

I am in the que for a consultation call, but I do believe this is some kind of internal error and not a coding error.

Nick

Nick Mazeika
    Consultant
  • 07-14-2014 12:27 PM In reply to

• NickZeik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2013
    • St. Petersburg, FL
    • Posts 17

Additionally, I have a tab that shows the line items from the associated invoice. This is also not showing the correct information but is taking the line items from a different invoice.

Nick Mazeika
    Consultant
  • 07-14-2014 2:00 PM In reply to

Hi Nick,

I apologize for before, for some reason I was thinking you were having issues with the grid. If you are getting incorrect values in the dropdown list, make sure that you are not mixing up the Invoice RefNumber with the Invoice RecordID. These values will differ from each other for each record and mixing them up can definitely cause problems.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)