Method Community

Custom screen that syncs with estimates screen?

Last post 07-10-2014 8:44 AM by DanielC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2014 9:10 AM

Custom screen that syncs with estimates screen?

Hi there,

Would it be possible to create a link between Items stored on estimates screen to a custom screen?

I am trying to make it so the items that are logged for customers on estimates screen have a direct sync to a screen that I have created so we can sort through items, vendors, customers etc. 

An example may be where I log in estimates for customers each consisting of 10 different items or so, which will show up on a custom screen as a list of items which can be identified by which customer or estimate number that particular item entry belongs to and then be able to sort by information tied onto the item. 

So in theory, there will be lots of item duplicates on the screen. However, as long as it is possible to sort by customer and estimate numbers. 

Is this type of customization possible? If yes, what would be my first step?

Thanks

• 07-09-2014 4:14 PM In reply to

Re: Custom screen that syncs with estimates screen?

Answer

Hi Daniel,

A link between these tables already exists. The “Estimates” table is linked to the “Customers” table through the Dropdown field named “Customers” and the “EstimateLine” table is linked to the “Estimates” table through the Dropdown field named ”EstimateRecordID”. If you would like to have all of this information displayed in the same grid, you will need to add a linked field to the “EstimateLine” table which stores the “Customer” field from the “Estimates” table.

Linked Field

You will then need to create a screen based off of the “EstimateLine” table and insert a grid based off of the same table with the fields you want. Keep in mind that because this screen is not based off of the “Estimates” table, you will not be able to simply insert the fields to create or edit an estimate. This can be achieved, but it will require more customization to the screen.

More information on customization can be found in our Help Center. Click on the “Customization” link or check out our Webinars on customization.

We also offer consulting services for customization if that is something you would be interested in. You can find more information on that here:

http://www.method.me/partners/

http://www.method.me/support/assisted-services/

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-10-2014 8:44 AM In reply to

Re: Custom screen that syncs with estimates screen?

Hi Audisho,

Thank you very much that pointed me in the right direction

All the best

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)