Method Community

Reports - PO's, Sales Orders, Invoices Issue

Last post 07-24-2014 4:36 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2014 11:17 AM

Reports - PO's, Sales Orders, Invoices Issue

Hello-

In my PO's, Sales Orders and Invoices, I have the following:

Bill To Address 1

Bill To Address 2

Bill To Address 3

Bill To Address 4

Bill To City, Bill To State   Bill To Postal Code.

However, when there is actual data and there isn't any data in that field, it just shows up as a blank space, so it looks like this-

John Doe

123 Market Street

_  

_

New York, New York 10001

How do I get rid of those spaces and have the data shrink up if the fields are blank instead it being just blank lines????  There are some cases where I do have data for those fields, so I don't want to delete the fields all together..... 

• 07-24-2014 2:42 PM In reply to

Re: Reports - PO's, Sales Orders, Invoices Issue

Hi.  The addresses in report designer are generated by a script.  You might need to modify this script a little bit.  If you click on the label for bill address you should be able to scroll down in the Property Grid window and find a section called Behaivior.  Within this there should be a property called Scrpts.  Expand this and click on Before Print.  Click on the "..." button to pull up the script.

This script is written in the laguage Visual Basic. It only returns values along with a new line if the field (Eg "BillAddressAddr2" or "BillAddressAddr3") is an empty string.  You might need to modify the script to also make sure the value isn't null.

• 07-24-2014 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: Reports - PO's, Sales Orders, Invoices Issue

Correction, contacts is not an entity.

Also make sure to separate the values of time zones with line breaks (pressing the enter key).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)