Method Community

Report Name

Last post 08-01-2014 7:33 PM by micheleh. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2012 2:04 PM

Report Name

Am wondering if it's possible to assign a custom report name when generating a report?

My users are attaching a generated report to an email they are sending and I'd like to provide a more simple, custom report name.

I've spent some time looking around the report designer settings but have not found anything obvious right now.

Thanks

Blake C
  • 01-12-2012 4:11 PM In reply to

Re: Report Name

Answer

Hi Blake, 

You can change the name of a report by clicking on the … beside the “Choose Template” dropdown in the “Send an Email” section when you create a new activity. In the “New/Edit Email Template” screen that comes up, you can select the template on the grid on the left which will then populate the “Name” field for the template. Once you change the name, it will replace the old name on the grid and update it with the new name.

On another note, when you generate a PDF to use as an attachment, it takes the report name that was created for it and then appends the date that it was sent on to it. We don’t have a feature that will allow us to change the name of the file that is generated.

I hope that helps. 

Ronen

• 01-13-2012 9:10 AM In reply to

Argh. Was hoping I could get access to the name of the report when generating it on the fly. I created a screen for my salsemen to email selected records very similar to Google Docs' email attachment function. Easier/faster than having to print/save attachment, then drop in a new gmail message in another browser tab.

I don't want my salesmen to have to choose a template (like on the Activity screen) so I implemented my simpler solution.

Can I officially request a feature that allows us to override the report name when generating it?

Thx

Blake C
  • 08-01-2014 7:33 PM In reply to

It worked!!! thank you so much!

It's me :)
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)