Method Community

Linking Sales Order to Purchase Order

Last post 08-06-2014 11:39 AM by Method_Russell. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2014 8:31 PM

• Sandy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2012
    • Posts 8

Linking Sales Order to Purchase Order

Is there a way to link the sales order created in Method to auto create a Purchase Order in Method to a preferred vendor as it is done in QuickBooks?  I have done a little customization but I don't know how complicated this would be to set this up in Method.  Thanks for any help you can give me.----Sandy

Sandy Bever
    ETEC & Assoc, LLC
    Certified in QuickBooks, Fishbowl & Method
    “We appreciate your referrals”
    sandy@etecassoc.com
    www.etecassoc.com
    Office: 971-222-3580 ext 101
    Cell: 503-539-9060
    Serving WA, OR
  • 08-05-2014 11:21 AM In reply to

Re: Linking Sales Order to Purchase Order

Hi Sandy

This is definately possible with some customization. To start, you would need to determine on which action the Purchase Order would be created. You could do this on the save action, and then then either set a new Yes/No field if the Purchase Order should only be created once, or you could set a new dropdown field linking to the Purchase Order which you could use to update the it whenever the Sales Order is saved.

Since the Purchase Order and Sales Order tables do not have identical fields, you would need to determine which fields would copy over. When you are creating the Purchase Order you could include logic to set the preferred vendor. Lastly, you would have to copy over all of the line items.

If you have any questions about this just let me know. If you would like have one of our consultants (such as myself) help you on this please reach out to your account manager. For more information on consulting please see this page http://www.method.me/support/assisted-services/.

Regards,

Russell

• 08-05-2014 5:01 PM In reply to

• Sandy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2012
    • Posts 8

Thanks Russell.  I will look into this further and see how far I can go with this customization. Can I contact you directly if I have any questions?

--Sandy

Sandy Bever
    ETEC & Assoc, LLC
    Certified in QuickBooks, Fishbowl & Method
    “We appreciate your referrals”
    sandy@etecassoc.com
    www.etecassoc.com
    Office: 971-222-3580 ext 101
    Cell: 503-539-9060
    Serving WA, OR
  • 08-06-2014 11:39 AM In reply to

Hi Sandy,

No problem for the help. Since I am a consultant here at Method it would be billable time if you were to work with me directly, but if you would like that then I would be happy to help. Or we can answer high level questions here on the forums.

Regards,

Russell

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)