Method Community

Save and email button

Last post 10-14-2014 12:19 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2014 11:37 AM

Save and email button

I have a custom button on my Invoice, PO, and Estimate screens that allows me to send an email to the contact selected, sending them a PDF copy of the invoice, PO, or estimate along with an email template that directs the recepient to visit the portal to view.  In regards to sending "Estimates", they can be sent from either the Leads or Customer tab, as both tabs has the "estimates" tab link.  The issue I'm having is when i use the save and email button to send out an estimate from the "Leads" tab, it sends out a different PDF attachment template for the Estimate than it does when I send it out from the Customers tab.  We had made changes to the Estimate template months ago and I know how to change the default template in Method.  If i go to the leads tab and hit print preview for the estimate, it will show me the updated template.  howeve,r when I use the email button it sends the standard Quickbooks estimate template instead of our newer template.   Can someonne please advise?   I looked at the coding for the buttons actions for both the Customers tab and the Leads tab, and they both appear to be the same.  Obvioulsy im missing something.  Thanks

• 10-14-2014 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: Save and email button

Hello DaviD,

Here's my answer. As you mentioned that you are using Quotes tablink for both Customers and Lead Tab, can you please confirm that if you are using two diiferent screens for both the Quotes tablink. If you are using two different screens, I would suggest to check the actions for Generate Report on both screen, there might be a issue with the template you are selecting. Make sure you have same setting on both the screens if you want to use the same template. Please test it and let me know.

I hope this helps!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)