Method Community

New Custom Report Not Listed

Last post 10-06-2014 4:56 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2014 2:47 PM

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

New Custom Report Not Listed

Good Day!

I am relatively new to Method.  I am currently working on my third custom report with the Method Report Designer.  When I created my first two reports, I saved the reports and they were available in the "Choose Custom Report" drop-down list for reports.  Those two reports happen to be Customer reports.

This new report is using Activities.  I first saved it with a hyphen in the report name.  When I did not see the report on Choose Custom Report tab for the Activities Reports, I saved the report without the hyphen in the report name.  However, the report is still not listed.

I checked the Customer Reports list just to be sure it didn't show up there.

What am I doing wrong?

Jim Giseburt

• 10-06-2014 3:36 PM In reply to

Re: New Custom Report Not Listed

Hello Jim,

Can you provide a bit more information about which Activity Report is your Customer Report based on? I tried to reproduce the same thing on my account and it is working fine. This is what I did,

Firstly, I open the Activity report in Report designer in this case it is "CRM_Activities_ByAssignnedTo.".

Then I made a copy of that report by saving it with different name "CRM_Activities_ByAssignnedTo(Method Support)".

- Made the necessary changes and saved it.

- Then I logged into my Method Account and clicked on  Activities >Activity Reports > Custom > CRM_Activities_ByAssignnedTo(Method Support).

The report was available in the custom report list.

Please let me know if you are doing anything different.

I hope this helps.

-Inder

• 10-06-2014 4:30 PM In reply to

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Inder,

I actually started from scratch.  Here's what I did:

- I selected New (Create new blank report).

- I then selected the Activity table as the Master Table.  

- I named the report "Activities by Type - Installed Demos".

- I selected Customer.LastCompleted ActivityRef as Detail Table 1.

- I then designed a very basic report.  It is simply a list as this point.  I haven't added any sorting, grouping, etc.

- I saved the report.

- I looked at Activities > Activity Reports > Choose Custom Report.  I do not see the report listed.

As I stated earlier, I already did this with two other reports.  Those showed up in the Customer reports just fine.  I don't see that I did anything different this time.

Jim

• 10-06-2014 4:56 PM In reply to

Hello Jim,

I tried your steps in my account, exactly the same way as you stated in the above post and report is showing up in in Custom Report List. I am not sure why exactly it is not showing up in your account. I would suggest to call on our support line 1-888-925-6238 option 2 for support so that we can look into that and assist you with the issue.

I hope this helps.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)