Method Community

Flex Field mapping

Last post 04-07-2010 10:53 AM by Steve. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2010 5:07 PM

• Steve
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-24-2010
    • Posts 9

Flex Field mapping

I have mapped my flex field information with the correct flex field name, billing status, payroll item, class and service item. However, when I import time into Method from Xora, it is not mapping these fields; they are blank. In double checking the Xora input from the users, I can see the Flex Field that I have mapped in the Xora Job Order Report and it matches exactly the Flex Field I have set up in Method. Can you tell me why none of the mapped information is populating when I pull the time in?

• 04-07-2010 8:20 AM In reply to

Re: Flex Field mapping

Steve,

It sounds like you’re using FlexField Value Mapping to specify your preferences which is great. Was this something that was working in the past but stopped or are you setting these preferences for the first time?

Can you do a simple test by trying to fetch the value of the FlexField and see if it’s pulling anything into Method? This should be set up under FlexField Mapping. Find a record that was fetched from Xora (Step 2: Send to QuickBooks) click ‘Go To’ and see if the FlexField values are showing in the Custom fields at the bottom.

Note: remember that any changes under Xora Setup in Method will only take affect for NEWLY fetched records and do not apply to records already fetched from Xora.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 04-07-2010 10:53 AM In reply to

• Steve
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-24-2010
    • Posts 9

Re: Flex Field mapping

Answer

Val, I figured it out. I had the Flex Field Name set the same as the Flex Field Value. As soon as I changed the name to Activity, it worked.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)